Who will be the #1 LD next season?

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
You guys might be surprised by Sergachev...

His body is NHL ready, his talent is enough already... can he handle NHL speed is the main question.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Defense Depth Chart

1. Beaulieu - Weber very nice pairing and a nice partner for NB to step up and be what a#1 should be.
2. Markov - Petry better for Markov and he is a better partner than Emelin for Petry.
3. Emelin - Pateryn both where they should be.... Emelin better watch out for Barberio
4. Barberio - Michel Therrien = first duo garantee

AHL top pairing is Samuelson - Redmond
AHL #2 pairing is Parisi - Lernout
AHL #3 pairing is Hanley - Johnston
AHL #4 is Thrower although Didier slots in here somewhere....

Futures top pairing is Sergachev - Juulsen with both ready in two years!

I made an addition for you

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No one currently on the club.

Bergevin is not done shopping/ overpaying/ negotiating against himself or whatever else it is he does when he acquires assets.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
What do you think would happen if you put Sergachev in there. It's not something that we'll see in all likelihood, but I can't imagine it would do any harm to his development. Weber would help and push him to do his best.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Should be Markov by a mile, but I would try Emelin and Beaulieu with Weber. It would be a good way to limit AM's minutes and keep him fresh for the stretch and playoffs.

He's been the victim of his own durability the last few years and looked gassed at times in the playoffs.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What do you think would happen if you put Sergachev in there. It's not something that we'll see in all likelihood, but I can't imagine it would do any harm to his development. Weber would help and push him to do his best.

If it werent for the fact that he would play for the world junior + memorial if he stays in the ohl, i would rather have him in the nhl

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
If it werent for the fact that he would play for the world junior + memorial if he stays in the ohl, i would rather have him in the nhl

Sorry if I sound rude, but that's flawed logic.

You either want him in the NHL because you think it's best for his development, or he goes back to juniors, regardless of the Memorial Cup and whatnot.

Whatever could happen in juniors is secondary to what he'd be learning in the NHL. The Memorial cup is like a 5-6 games tournament against kids. Sergachev would learn more just by playing 1 period against NHL opposition (if he's ready to do so).

In my opinion, Sergachev should stay if he's good enough to be our #6 dman. You don't want him to rot on the bench, but you do want to quickstart him. Because after the Subban/Weber swap, we're now working on a clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad