Who will be our biggest surprise as a prospect?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Reinhart (has a good rookie year in NHL), Czurczman (splits time between AHL/NHL does well in both), and Ho-Sang (destroys juniors and increases assist total and +/- shutting hockey Canada up).

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I went with Pedan.

I ignored most of the top guys, because I don't think they can really surprise that much. They are expected to produce.

Pedan has size and some offensive skill. If he can stay healthy and learn to play a little smarter, he could be a solid prospect.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It's been widely speculated that Reinhart will make the Islanders and possibly play a top four role with the team, so I'm confused as to why people think he's going to surprise?

Do the voters think he's going to notch 40 points and play top pairing minutes??? Because that's what would be a surprise, not him making the team and playing second pairing minutes with Vis.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
It's been widely speculated that Reinhart will make the Islanders and possibly play a top four role with the team, so I'm confused as to why people think he's going to surprise?

Do the voters think he's going to notch 40 points and play top pairing minutes??? Because that's what would be a surprise, not him making the team and playing second pairing minutes with Vis.

Well your thread title poses a different question from the poll title:

Thread: "Who will be our biggest surprise as a prospect?"

Poll: "What prospect do you think makes a jump in their development this year?"

I was answering the poll. I think Griff becoming an established top-4 d-man as a rookie would absolutely be a jump in his development considering he hasn't stepped foot on AHL ice yet.

Also some folks (e.g., Shawn's article), myself included, expect Griff to start in the AHL.

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
I didn't know I could vote for more than one person, but I voted Sorokin.

I think he's going to have a great year in the KHL and put himself on the radar as a top goaltending prospect in the league.

Others I think will make strides:

Collberg- I think he surprises us and puts up solid numbers in the AHL.
Ho-Sang- Have a feeling he'll dominate juniors.
Dal Colle- Haven't seen a lot of people mention him. I think he'll surpass his numbers from last season assuming he plays in juniors again.
Pulock- I think he'll have a monster season in the AHL, while playing solid D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad