Who will be on Avs PP?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
With Roy claiming that Grigorenko would play on the PP, it's looking a bit crowded on Avs PP. Assuming there are ten spots (Barrie might play on both PP units, but probably not) there are some locks:

EJ
Duchene
Iginla
Tanguay
MacKinnon
Barrie
Landeskog

I'd argue that Landeskog shouldn't be a lock but I think he will be and that's another discussion.

Please only vote for three players who will join those seven or I'll have you hunted down as the poll ruining dogs you are.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Holden is probably the odd man out of the players that I expect to make the team. Rananten would steal a spot from somebody if he made the team.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I figured I was supposed to vote for who is going to fill the remaining 3 spots. If I did it wrong, I apologize.

For me, I voted Zadorov, Grigorenko, and Soderberg. All 3 have been specifically named by Roy as people that can help the PP, so I think they'll get their shots. Roy knows that Grigrorenko is a good option on the PP.

Beauchemin will probably be used by Roy in more of a defensive role. Holden will get pushed further down the depth chart with the addition of Beauchemin.

Rantanen making the team will probably make things more difficult, but that's another discussion.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I figured I was supposed to vote for who is going to fill the remaining 3 spots. If I did it wrong, I apologize.

For me, I voted Zadorov, Grigorenko, and Soderberg. All 3 have been specifically named by Roy as people that can help the PP, so I think they'll get their shots. Roy knows that Grigrorenko is a good option on the PP.

Beauchemin will probably be used by Roy in more of a defensive role. Holden will get pushed further down the depth chart with the addition of Beauchemin.

Rantanen making the team will probably make things more difficult, but that's another discussion.

Correct. It was a bit unclear. I edited the post to make it clearer.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Beauchemin has played quite a bit of PP in the past, but it's possible they want to keep his minutes down a bit to keep him fresh. Meanwhile Zadorov was only fourth in PP TOI among defenders for Sabres so while he has a big shot, he's not an obvious option over Beauchemin.

Ahonen18

Mar 12, 2014
I voted on Grigorenko because I think he has the creative tools that are perfect in PP. I also voted for Zadorov, mostly because of his big shot. If Rantanen takes a spot in the NHL-roaster I'm sure he will have a spot in PP-2!

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Voted Grego, Soderberg, Zadorov. Better for for Greg and Zadorov's development to get some PP time, while Soderberg really improves our passing that was sourly missed last year. He would be excellent with Iggy.

I'd also like to see Landy taken off of the PP and given more PK time. I'm sure he would be fine with it. We don't need his offense as much as we need his defense and intangibles.

Tangs-Duchene-MacKinnon
Barrie-Zadorov

Grigorenko-Soderberg-Iggy
EJ-Beauchemin

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I want Zadorov, Söderberg and Grigo.

Believe it will be Holden, Söderberg and Grigo. Comeau on the odd occasion too.

I had forgotten that Cody was on the PP so much last season. Hated to be reminded of that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Points/60 on the PP the last six years

Player | P60
O'Reilly | 4.31
McGinn | 4.02
Iginla | 3.89
MacKinnon | 3.80
Landeskog | 3.59
Duchene | 3.49
Tanguay | 3.35
Holden | 3.17
Johnson | 3.13
Barrie | 3.09

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll say this--if they can't figure out how to ice an effective power play with this many options, I will jump on the "fire Army" bandwagon. Roy will deserve a big part of the blame as well.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I think I accidently voted for four...

my three real ones would be : Zadorov, beauchamin, and grigorenko.

lando duchene iginla
zadorov barrie

tanguay mack grigorenko
beauch ej

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Roy is not taking Holden off the PP. I voted Holden, Grigo and Soderberg. For some reason they love using one of the most lethal high slot forwards over the last couple of decades on the point on the PP and i wouldn't be surprised if they continue.

Barre, Elliott, Holden, Iggy/Tangay on the point
Dutchy, Mack, Landy, Grigo, Soderberg, Iggy/Tanguay up front.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I voted for Zadorov, Frankie and Grigorenko. The only issue with that might be that Zadorov and Frankie like to play on the right side of the PP. Grigorenko will slot down low and probably play the role of a PPQB on the half boards.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
MacKinnon-Landeskog - Duchene
Barrie-Zadorov

Tanguay-Iginla-Grigorenko
EJ-Beauchemin

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't see why Roy wouldn't hesitate to take Holden off the PP after last year, especially after adding Zadorov and Beauchemin as better options. He's even stated Zadorov will help the PP. I think Roy, sadly, will use Holden in more of a defensive role this year and he and Stuart will get lots of PK time.

Soderberg will definitely be there. They didn't pay him that money to not use him on the PP, which he's proven to be good at in the NHL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Think we will see something like..

Landeskog - Soderberg - MacKinnon
Barrie - Zadorov

Grigorenko - Duchene - Iginla
EJ - Tanguay

That's exactly what I'd go with. I wouldn't be opposed to swapping Duchene and Soderberg either. Roy likes to keep the same players together on the PP and at ES though so that's probably unlikely.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
While there has been a lack of good shooters on the PP, especially from the point, I would argue that puck movement has been an even bigger problem. If you can't pass the puck well, you get put under pressure by an aggressive PK and you don't accomplish anything.

Söderberg is a good passer, so I think he'll be on the PP. Holden isn't a very good puck mover, so I think he should be out.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
I voted Zadorov, Grigorenko, and Soderberg

Hope our PP is looking better next season. Would love 2 guys with 10 PPG :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad