Who will be a Hab...?

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

It's so unpredictable, I voted Markov because I believe he still has 5 years in him. But other than him, I won't even guess Eller or Plecks out there. We only need 1 ****** season the blow up the entire team.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
It's so unpredictable, I voted Markov because I believe he still has 5 years in him. But other than him, I won't even guess Eller or Plecks out there. We only need 1 ****** season the blow up the entire team.

This is only true if an HFBoards member was running the team. Even in a trash season I can't see MB moving guys like Eller.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What players do you feel will still be here in 3 years??

Three years from today, thus Nov 24 2016, I predict that we will have the following 12 players still with the team (from the current 24-man roster, including IR):

On existing contracts
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Gorges
Emelin
Price

RFAs that will be resigned
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Bournival

Potential UFAs by that date, but that will be re-signed early
Eller
Subban

UFAs to be re-signed
Plekanec
Markov

I also predict that we will have the following 12 players not with the team

UFAs that will walk or be traded before walking:
Gionta
Briere
Bourque
Prust
Moen
White
Parros
Murray
Bouillon
Drewiske
Budaj

Player that will be traded while under (new) contract:
Diaz

The following players who have played at least 1 NHL game will still be with the team:
Holland
Tinordi
Beaulieu

The following players with some Habs experience will no longer be with the organization:
Dumont
Blunden
Leblanc
St. Pierre
Pateryn

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

This is only true if an HFBoards member was running the team. Even in a trash season I can't see MB moving guys like Eller.

I don't see MB offering Eller, but maybe he could accept some great deals for him if we're having a bad season. Guys like Eller has some good value on the market.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Voted Eller, Plekanec and Markov. White might still be there but I consider it less likely.

If Bouillon is still here in 3 years he better have futuristic cybernetic arm and or leg replacements or something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Plekanec, Eller, Markov and White.

I think Markov signs a new contract that keeps him here for the rest of his career, Plekanec has to stay with us...once Galchenyuk develops into a 1st line center, having Plekanec on the second line and play shutdown while Galchenyuk has the offensive responsibility will be huge for the team. No chance Eller gets traded unless Bergevin is offered A LOT. Even if we have a ****** season, I can't see Eller being moved and White is a hell of a 4th liner and penalty killer.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I don't think I could handle 3 more years of Desharnais. I really hope Eller, Markov, Plekanec are still here, maybe White.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
voted white, plek and markov.

i thought about putting eller on that list but i definitely can see him being dangled in the future in order to get a better piece coming back

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Three years from today, thus Nov 24 2016, I predict that we will have the following 12 players still with the team (from the current 24-man roster, including IR):

On existing contracts
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Gorges
Emelin
Price

RFAs that will be resigned
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Bournival

Potential UFAs by that date, but that will be re-signed early
Eller
Subban

UFAs to be re-signed
Plekanec
Markov

I also predict that we will have the following 12 players not with the team

UFAs that will walk or be traded before walking:
Gionta
Briere
Bourque
Prust
Moen
White
Parros
Murray
Bouillon
Drewiske
Budaj

Player that will be traded while under (new) contract:
Diaz

The following players who have played at least 1 NHL game will still be with the team:
Holland
Tinordi
Beaulieu

The following players with some Habs experience will no longer be with the organization:
Dumont
Blunden
Leblanc
St. Pierre
Pateryn

I'm hoping in less than 3 years Galchenyuk is playing C so that'll leave one of the other C as the odd man out, hopefully DD can move on and Pleks signs a cheaper deal to play on our 3rd line

Depending on how Tinordi and a guy like Pateryn develops I can see Gorges moved as well

Would be surprised if Hudon isn't on this team in 3yrs too as another 5th round steal if his back holds up

Might need a stop gap til Fucale is ready for backup, I'd gladly re-sign Ned Budaj if he keeps playing like he has

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Eller is the only one I can safely assume will be here. I feel like Plekanec will be traded before his contract expires. I assumed the poll didn't include this year so I figured in 3 years Markov will be retiring after a 3 year contract. I wouldn't mind if White stayed for consistency on the fourth line but I can see him being let go just as easily.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
3 years from now (lots of ??...!!, but very important imo to keep all three centers in Pleks, Galchenyuk, and Eller...for a CUP run):

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Hudon?/Bournival - Plekanec/Eller - UFA?/trade?
Bournival/Hudon? - Eller/Plekanec - McCarron??
Crisp?? - White - Prust?

Tinordi - PK Subban
Markov????/UFA?/trade? - Emelin
Beaulieu?? - Gorges?
OR
Emelin-Diaz?? (Diaz stays, maybe Markov is traded for 1st+solid young dman?).
Beaulieu-Gorges

Price
Budaj?
Fucale

Last edited:

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
3 years from now (lots of ??...!!, but very important imo to keep all three centers in Pleks, Galchenyuk, and Eller...for a CUP run):

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Hudon?/Bournival - Plekanec/Eller - UFA?/trade?
Bournival/Hudon? - Eller/Plekanec - McCarron??
Crisp?? - White - Prust?

Tinordi - PK Subban
Markov????/UFA?/trade? - Emelin
Beaulieu?? - Gorges?
OR
Emelin-Diaz?? (Diaz stays, maybe Markov is traded for 1st+solid young dman?).
Beaulieu-Gorges

Price
Budaj?
Fucale

Decent lineup at center

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes