Pre-Game Talk: Who we drafting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I would have preferred Snow trade the pick. But if there wasn't a trade available, drafting Bellows was the right move. That should free up Dal Colle for a trade.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would have preferred Snow trade the pick. But if there wasn't a trade available, drafting Bellows was the right move. That should free up Dal Colle for a trade.

Problem with trading picks late in the first round is if you look at the history of picks being traded it gets you guys like Umberger or Brouwer. Don't get me wrong good players(when the trades were made) but not game changer types

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Problem with trading picks late in the first round is if you look at the history of picks being traded it gets you guys like Umberger or Brouwer. Don't get me wrong good players(when the trades were made) but not game changer types

Agreed. There wasn't a stud available at 19. If there was I'm sure Snow would have been able to move the pick quite easily. So if a trade only gets you players who are no better than those you have on the NHL roster, best course is to continue to accumulate assets. Our prospect pool became deeper yesterday and that gives you additional chips to trade.

This isn't popular but it is the best way to conduct business if you can't improve your NHL roster with a trade of the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad