Prospect Info: Who to take at #3

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Who would you take at #3 in the 2019 draft, assuming Hughes and Kakko are picked at 1 and 2?

My personal preference is one of Dach, Turcotte, or Byram. My comparables for them are Brayden Point, Draisaitl, and Roman Josi.

I would personally stay away from Cozens and Podkolzin, both of whom have questionable hockey IQ.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Who would you take at #3 in the 2019 draft, assuming Hughes and Kakko are picked at 1 and 2?

My personal preference is one of Dach, Turcotte, or Byram. My comparables for them are Brayden Point, Draisaitl, and Roman Josi.

I would personally stay away from Cozens and Podkolzin, both of whom have questionable hockey IQ.
Flip-flopping between Dach and Turcotte. Voted Dach because he's a right-shot.

Reactions: dustrock

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
First see if you can shop the 3rd OV pick for a couple 1st rounders and maybe another pick. Oilers are starving for depth, this might be a way to build for a couple years down the road. I'd love for 2 more 1st round dmen to be picked.

If no reasonable deal can be made then Vasili Podkolzin. He's listed as a RW but a LHS and pretty much the last thing this team needs is another Lefty...lol. He looks to have excellent skating, speed, stick handling and loves to one time it.

Still would like more dman prospects though. Sekera and Russell will probably be gone in a couple years and Larsson's contract will be up. Oilers have to make D a priority, they've been kicking that can down the road way way too long.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Yeah the Toronto game kind of deflated me.. especially since we would have closed the gap with a win there.
There was just a short sighted period between the Toronto games when we were winning.. Then it's back to reality once a contender comes by.

People were talking about how we'd give Calgary a run for their money in the 1st round.

Give me a break.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
There was just a short sighted period between the Toronto games when we were winning.. Then it's back to reality once a contender comes by.

People were talking about how we'd give Calgary a run for their money in the 1st round.

Give me a break.

Okay well honestly.. if the Oilers made the playoffs they would have to be riding such a hot streak that yeah I guess they might give Calgary a hard time lol.. but after that Toronto game im not so sure Oilers have what it takes in the tank to actually catch the 7 points.. if we saw a better effort against Toronto... its not the loss... its how we lost that deflated me in that game.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
We're not out of it, If they win the next 3 games - NYR, NJD, ARI we will be in good shape by the end of the week, all the teams ahead of us have tough games coming up. If we don't win the next 3 then yes we shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Also I thought a lot of the recent TO game was on the back of Andersen, he made a ridiculous amount of good save through out the game especially in the first period. We score a couple of those its a complexly different game. Ya true Toronto is the better team but it wasn't that bad a performance.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
It was still a must win game and I didn't see that desperation for the W from the team.. I would of liked to see some emotion at least like as if they believe they could make the playoffs.. like a player over reacting and showing some emotion when he misses a good chance to score etc., I just didn't see that. The quick 2 goals at the end of the game was too little too late and we cant blame kassian for missing that chance.. Toronto backed off at the end of the game and just tried to defend a 3 goal lead... we capitalized on that for sure.. lets win another 3 or 4 in a row and we can start talking playoffs again

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lol, playoff push. It's been over for a while and they are 7 points out of 8th, 6 points out of 9th and 5 points out of 10th and they'd have to stay ahead of Chicago so it's not just 7 points out chasing one team. Also, they aren't nearly good enough to put together the kind of streak it would take to pull it off.

Anyway, I'd take Byram if they won the 3rd lottery. He is tailor made for todays' game and would be the Oilers only chance at a #1 Dman, Bouchard isn't that guy and they aren't getting one outside the draft.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Boys, we’re only 7 points out with games at hand and 28 friggun points up for grabs.
Look how many teams we have to climb over and come to the sobering realization that our season has been over for about 3 weeks. The corpse just hasnt cooled off to room temperature yet.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Arizona is likely the team to catch. They're on fire right now.

Unless TOPPEP rears its head, we are done for the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad