Who takes over the "C"

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
No one. Also, Landy will emerge healthy for the 2024 playoffs, as Macik stick it to the league in a masterful long con of cap circumvention en route to Cup #4. :sarcasm:

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
We will roll with 3 As instead. Makar, Mack, and Rants probably. With EJ probably gone, those three make the most sense to me.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No one unless Landy retires.

If that happens, I bet Nate doesn't even want the C, and it goes to Cale. Lots of responsibilities, pressure, and media attention. I think Nate just wants to play hockey and do his best to stay even keel.

Cale will make a great Captain one day, but hopefully that's not for a little while.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Didn’t we run into this scenario once with Sakic out for a really long time? I didn’t think 3 A’s was that great of a solution.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Next near is absolutely 3 As. And considering the recovery length of that surgery, we could very well be 3 As for part of the fallowing season too. After that, my guess is that it'll be MacK unless he doesn't want it. He's wore the A the longest and is clearly the next biggest leader on the team, but he himself has stated that he's not a vocal leader. That in the locker room he only speaks up when he has too.

I don't think Mikko really has that in him, and I'm not even sure we can afford his next contract. So after that I'm guessing Makar is easily #2 in the line of succession.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
We'll run without a C unless Landeskog tells the team he's done. If that happens, I'd imagine they offer it to MacK first. He may not want it, but to outright not offer it to him would be an insult.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Mack is my favorite player but I don’t think he is C worthy, he’s abrasive, he’s a good voice in the room but Landry brings people together is what made him so special able to deal with all the guys. Landry is a one of a kind truly special and we’re lucky to have him play in co

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Landy is our captain, and we already have so many leaders and winners. In fact, we have a leadership group that included guys like EJ as well, so someone will have to step up into that role - luckily for us, we have MANY contenders.

Reactions: The Moops

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Give it to Rants, he's a great captain and carried the team last season.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
There won't be a new C until Landy is officially done. And when that happens it's MacKinnon's and it's not even debatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad