Who sticks?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
So who makes the cut? 1 D and 3 forwards I think. An extra D if Greene's injury is serious.

Both Greene and Muzzin were going hard at it on Friday to get in game shape. Neither will be out long.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I will be shocked if they keep McBain. Forbort is better than Schultz and will soon pass McNabb.

Oh you don't need to sell me on Forbort, I really like the kid and have high expectations. I was just thinking that whichever dman is selected will be the 7th dman. And if that's the case, I'd prefer Forbort back in Ontario playing, rather being a HS. But hey, if they're going to start Forbort, I'm all for it.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I will be shocked if they keep McBain. Forbort is better than Schultz and will soon pass McNabb.

Forbort is better than Schultz in every aspect of the game. About McNabb? I believe Forbort is better than McNabb on one side of the red line and McNabb is better than Forbort on the other side of the red line. McBain is good on the PP.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Oh you don't need to sell me on Forbort, I really like the kid and have high expectations. I was just thinking that whichever dman is selected will be the 7th dman. And if that's the case, I'd prefer Forbort back in Ontario playing, rather being a HS. But hey, if they're going to start Forbort, I'm all for it.

I agree Forbort needs to play, but against NHL players. I think he can get plenty of games even if he starts out as D7.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I agree Forbort needs to play, but against NHL players. I think he can get plenty of games even if he starts out as D7.

I have no doubt that Forbort will be in the regular rotation playing a lot of important minutes this season. However, he's not going to grow as a player by being a HS. Bottom line is, I want the kid to play, and not sit. If he can do that at the NHL level, GREAT!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm a lot higher on Mersch than I am on Andreoff, asset management be damned. I think Forbort has played his way onto this team.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I'm a lot higher on Mersch than I am on Andreoff, asset management be damned. I think Forbort has played his way onto this team.

I'm pretty sure most, if not all fans are higher on Mersch over Andreoff. But does mean that Lombardi wants to take a chance on losing AA, when he doesn't have to?

scryan

May 1, 2013
What do people rate Andy's chances of being claimed if we waved him are?
I feel like I am missing something with the worry? I don't think it would happen. Just throwing a number 15%
Real low pay sure... but have their not been others available who are similarly cheap and will also not ruin everything?
I'm bad at these stat sites. I guess he is near league minimum, and that's always nice, and with much of any upside and 2 years on contract he does have some time to grow... But he is not young.
Does anyone really want him?

scryan

May 1, 2013
I'd say 50/50 that Andreoff gets claimed.

Apparently I have a low view of the guy :laugh:

I felt like I was lowballing when I went 15, almost changed it to 20... But I am not sure I would say 1 in 5... I just don't know who wants him. Its a nice cap hit for sure.... But I sure can't see 50/50.

Ehh maybe 20% :D

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Apparently I have a low view of the guy :laugh:

I felt like I was lowballing when I went 15, almost changed it to 20... But I am not sure I would say 1 in 5... I just don't know who wants him. Its a nice cap hit for sure.... But I sure can't see 50/50.

Ehh maybe 20% :D

Yeah, I may be higher on AA then most on here. I think with his size, grit and his ability to skate and play hockey, there's a 50/50 chance that he gets picked up. I'm also factoring in that he's a natural LW playing C currently, so we haven't seen the best of AA yet, but maybe other teams' scouts have. If he gets picked up, hopefully, he'll get the chance to play LW.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Forbort goes down rather than be the #7. Let him get big minutes in Ontario and be the first call-up if someone goes down.

Weal has absolutely earned a spot

Don't think O'Neill ever sticks in L.A.

I love Mersch, and hope he sticks, but I see him going to Ontario as well

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
I think if there's a close decision between Forbort and McBain, the former goes back down to play more minutes instead of riding the LA bench.

Forwards - Weal, AA, Mersch. You guys are forgetting Shore can clear waivers, that's big.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Mersch has earned a chance, but where is he going to play? That's the only thing with him. Just too many wingers on the team already. Won't be on the top 2 lines. King and Clifford are Sutter guys. Brown, Nolan, Lewis will be on the right side. I imagine he'll start with Ontario.

Same with Shore, although it's easier to make a case for him to be a King. Would O'Neill get claimed if they kept Shore? AHL MVP last year. Cheap. If he got claimed, I doubt it would cripple the Kings or anything, but you also don't want to lose a guy if you don't have to. Either way with that one.

I think Weal and Andreoff are on the team.

Schultz, McBain, Forbort? If Forbort is ahead of McNabb, then keep him. If he's not, send him down. Schultz or McBain? No great loss either way if they were picked up. If only you could combine the two into one guy. McBain makes less than Schultz, but Schultz might be more of a Sutter guy. 7th d-man, go either way.

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I have a feeling Schultz will stick, but prefer not. I would prefer Forbort if Sutter lets him play. On F, I think Andreoff, Weal and Shore will stay, but I prefer Mersch over AA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad