Who starts Game 6?

• Linus Ullmark

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Jeremy Swayman

Votes: 57 69.5%

• Total voters

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
The problem with abandoning the rotation is now he’s baked in. Gotta ride Swayman next two.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It should be swayman, but putting out Ullmark might not actually be a terrible idea. It may be a better idea than the line up changes he made for game 5

Mainly because, Ullmark is an excellent goalie and might try to stand on his head as his last game was a loss and it’s a series clinching game

Then you can go back to sway in game 7 if Ullmark loses

Anyone that argued swayman should have played game 6 last year is now having the opposite stance if you say we should roll swayman the rest of the way

But there’s logic in both

Essentially, the skaters matter a lot more here

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm going Ullmark. They've used two goalies all year so if your going down, at least go down on your sword.

And let's be honest about Swayman.....when is the last time he started 4 in a row? Is he conditioned to do it at this current juncture?

Teams routinely toss in unproven goaltenders against the Bruins and it turns out gangbusters for them and end up huge turning points in the series. I can't see how deciding to start your defending Vezina trophy winner is a massive mistake at this point.

I don't like the idea of waiting for a Game 6 loss to go back to Ullmark in Game 7. And if they go Swayman Game 6 and 7, and it ends up going south for the Bruins, then the hindsight question will always be what if they went back to Ullmark in Game 5/6/7.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Call me crazy but I'd go Ullmark. Said they should play each guy until they lose and then rotate and I stand by that. If you lose it's Sway game 7 at home.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I can support Ullmark for Game 6 and a rested Swayman for Game 7 or a Game 1 with Florida.
Sway been way too good. Gotta stick with him and he should be more than fresh.

Playoff wise he’s had at least two full days off between all of his starts. Going back to the regular season he played 1 game in 10 days.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This team is exceptional in net no matter who's in the crease, but their terrible at the dot, not nearly good enough to sit a player who's nearly 55 percent there and was player of the game in game one. Beech needs to draw back in !
1714567207252.png

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Tough call for Monty. I struggle not starting the guy who has been nearly unbeatable (we should have lost by 5 last night), but if he loses game 6 we run into the same problem as last year.

I'd start Sway but I'm expecting Linus.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Sway should play he wants the net and kept us in the game last night.

Monty can’t help himself and will play Ulmark.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Monty should have stuck to the goalie rotation that he ran all year. The goalies are not used to playing consecutive games. They are used to sharing the net and the rotation. Sway has played great, but he is carrying a heavy load. Ullmark is fresh.

Throw Linus in there for game 6. It's not like he's a backup, he's the defending Vezina Trophy winner. Keep Sway fresh for a possible game 7. Keep the Leafs off balance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad