• Jeremy Swayman

Votes: 37 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
ulmark...

The whole season I thought it would be swayman but ulmark has outplayed him down the stretch.

I would rotate them with a little incentive that if one gets a shutout they get another game.

Whatever they decide I think it'll be the factor of how these playoffs go, cant make the same mistake as last year

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Think this is the way it plays out :
game 1 - uhlmark
game 2 - swayman
game 3 - uhlmark
game 4 - swayman
game 5 - tbd
game 6 - tbd
game 7 - tbd
( bruins may have a plan for first 4 games but after that ? )
all depends on a number of factors.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Despite Ullmark having the stronger 2nd half (post All-star break), I'm starting Swayman in Game 1.

It keeps to the rotation (Ullmark started Game 82).

Swayman's numbers vs. Toronto this season are very solid.

Using the same tandem, Ullmark has started Game 1 in both 2022 and 2023 and Boston lost both series.

If Swayman losses Game 1, no one will question Ullmark starting Game 2.

If Swayman plays well and wins, they have a decision to make but whether they go with Swayman in Game 2 or keep the rotation going and start Ullmark, either move can be justified IMO.

Either way, they need both goaltenders to win this series IMO. Frankly, it's not fair to either athlete to condition them for a pure rotation all season, only to throw the baby out with the bathwater come playoff time and try to ride one guy all the way. Conditioning is a real thing. The fatigue factor is a real thing. Bruins have the two best goaltenders in this series and it's a big advantage and to not take advantage of this unique strength is moronic quite frankly. Doesn't mean it has to be a strict game-for-game rotation. But plan on using both guys and use both before you get to Game 7.

Seriously, how many times have the Bruins seen a playoff opponent change goaltenders and have it completely flip a series on the Bruins. I still have nightmares of Michael Leighton and Braeden Holtby falling into starting roles out of nowhere only to shut down the Bruins and end their season. But somehow, with not one but two of the best goaltenders in the world, the Bruins should go old school like it's 1998 and try and ride one guy all the way? Makes no sense.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I said Ullmark, but I think they should rotate them like in a fantasy league snake draft, Ullmark - Swayman - Swayman - Ullmark - Ullmark - Swayman - Swayman

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'd probably go with Swayman. He had a rough March, but was strong in his April games. He's also got really good numbers against Toronto. I know some have said that Ullmark has been the better goalie post break, but the numbers don't seem to trend that way....

Post All-Star Break
Swayman: 25-10-8 / 2.53 GAA / .916 SV% / 3 SO
Ullmark: 22-10-7 / 2.57 GAA / .915 SV% / 2 SO
those numbers are off...

swayman since ASB is 903 SV% (9-7-1)
ullmark since ASB is 917 SV% (7-4-5)

i've been leaning ullmark for weeks, but a lot of folks make good arguments for swayman. plus it's his turn in the rotation.
i think he gets game 1, linus game 2.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
those numbers are off...

swayman since ASB is 903 SV% (9-7-1)
ullmark since ASB is 917 SV% (7-4-5)

i've been leaning ullmark for weeks, but a lot of folks make good arguments for swayman. plus it's his turn in the rotation.
i think he gets game 1, linus game 2.

I just checked Hockey Reference again and it looks like they have an error on site. The split for they're post ASG stats are actually just their season total 😆

Reactions: neelynugs

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I'd start Swayman Game 1 and plan to rotate back and forth through Game 4.

I'd only deviate if one goalie posts a > ~.940 or < ~.850 Save %. If one finishes a game above ~.940, then he gets the next game as well. If one finishes a game below ~.850, the other goalie gets the next 2 games.

After Game 4, I'd give Games 5 through 7 to whichever goalie has played better earlier in the series*. (Again, unless the chosen goalie has a stinker in 5 or 6.)

Is this too convoluted? Probably. But it's my crazy plan.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'd start Swayman Game 1 and plan to rotate back and forth through Game 4.

I'd only deviate if one goalie posts a > ~.940 or < ~.850 Save %. If one finishes a game above ~.940, then he gets the next game as well. If one finishes a game below ~.850, the other goalie gets the next 2 games.

After Game 4, I'd give Games 5 through 7 to whichever goalie has played better earlier in the series*. (Again, unless the chosen goalie has a stinker in 5 or 6.)

Is this too convoluted? Probably. But it's my crazy plan.
My brain

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They should give it to swayman. He had the better overall year and Ullmark he had two postseason disasters the last two years.

If Swayman is the goalie of the future and is looking for a big contract, have him to prove he’s worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad