Who should wear the A to Stamkos C in 2014 - 2015?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
One spot to wear the A - I'm excluding for obvious reasons Stamkos who will be wearing the C. I'm also excluding Callahan who is more than likely wearing the first A next season. So question is: Who has the intangibles, leadership, and experience to wear the second A for the Lightning?

In 2013 - 2014 it was Brewer and Carle who wore the A for the Lightning.

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
This is a young team. Callahan as first alternate captain seems certainty for me. The second alternate captain could be Victor Hedman, in my opinion. He had breakout year last season, positively our No.1 defenseman.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm not a fan of stripping guys of their letters, but it seems like something that's going to happen this year. Mostly because I think we're going to put an A on Callahan.

But we have a good problem because we have a number of guys who have solid reasons to wear an A.

-Carle wore one last year, so I assume there are lockerroom reasons for that.
-Brewer is now our most senior defenseman.
-Filppula is the guy who really changed the culture of our forwards and leads by example.
-Hedman needs only to prove consistency to be considered among the NHL's elite D.

I wouldn't be surprised if we split both As again. The only guy I'd put money on wearing one next year is Callahan. I would say Hedman but we're not really sure (or at least I'm not) what his lockerroom presence is like and if guys look up to him just yet. If that's at all the case, then I think he'll wear an A at least part time.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
We aren't stripping a letter.

Start of last season:
C=MSL
A's=Thompson and Stamkos

After MSL trade:
C=Stamkos
A's=Thompson and Hedman

Stamkos will keep his C, Hedman will keep his A, and Thompson's A will go to Cally.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Brewer is the most veteran and, in my opinion, the leader of the defense. He should have a letter. Don't see 3 forwards getting letters.

Yzlamic Preacher*

We aren't stripping a letter.

Start of last season:
C=MSL
A's=Thompson and Stamkos

After MSL trade:
C=Stamkos
A's=Thompson and Hedman

Stamkos will keep his C, Hedman will keep his A, and Thompson's A will go to Cally.

Start of Seasons:
C = MSL
A = Thompson/Carle (One was for home the other for away)
A = Stamkos

After MSL:

C = Stamkos
A = Thompson/Carle
A = Brewer (Mar to Apr)

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Tampa_Bay_Lightning_season

Edit: Hedman never wore an A

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
I think (and hope) that it will look like this:

Captain: Stamkos
Alternate Captain: Hedman
Alternate Captain: Callahan

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
screen-shot-2014-06-12-at-1-43-56-pm.png

Just in pre-season games.

toob

Dec 31, 2010
Going off the idea that a letter brings greater responsibility and thus can cause a player to elevate his game Hedman for sure esp after his great year.

I think you keep Brewer as the other A

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Stamkos : C (for many years to come)
Callahan : A (Also with TB for a while, a leader to look up to and help the young players)
Carle : A (Solid #2 Defenseman, plays tough minutes, will improve without Gudas)
Brewer : A (Our veteran Dman, now that he's on 3rd pairing he will be fine)

Hedman takes over Brewers A next season (he does look good with that A on his sweater) Although Brewer has had the A on and off for a couple seasons now, so maybe it will jump to someone else

I also wouldn't mind seeing Flip have an A, he's helped lead the way for our young team and really stepped up when Stammer got hurt, also clicked really well with Stamkos when he came back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad