Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Need more love for this kid in the thread
jwdhezzzminabeufqtyr

-Already has the chem with Korchinski, Allan, and Dach from their Seattle days

-Plays with Andrew Cristall so he already knows how to play with a superstar (perfect Bedard partner)

-Exceptional growth rate

-Got that dawg in him

-Complete package

Reactions: TLEH

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It’s like saying Kane was a 1W so in 2020 we say Laf has a ceiling like Kane. It doesn't make sense. They couldn't be further from each other. Laf and Kane, Dahlin and Levshunov.
They’re the same height and weight tho. You can’t deny the similarities. Staggering.

• Haha

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Buium has come a long way, I remember at the WJC thinking maybe he'd be a good guy to get with Lightning pick. Then Lightning Pick got worse as Lightning got better and Buium's reputation increased as his teams won championships. I think he'll be a good guy but he doesn't fit my big D that skates really well so I'm not overly enthralled. If he's not a PP1 QB then he's what, a better Wyatt Kaiser? Kinda wish I could see him on an average team.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Tarin Smith is a guy I really like this year for people that haven't been talked about a lot.
Buium has come a long way, I remember at the WJC thinking maybe he'd be a good guy to get with Lightning pick. Then Lightning Pick got worse as Lightning got better and Buium's reputation increased as his teams won championships. I think he'll be a good guy but he doesn't fit my big D that skates really well so I'm not overly enthralled. If he's not a PP1 QB then he's what, a better Wyatt Kaiser?
Weird pick because Kaiser skates really well. Better than Buium. I think Buium's stick and compete and IQ will play regardless and he will PK and atleast play PP2.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I feel like he shot up boards because he had a great end of the season. I'd definitely rather him than Levshunov.
That's a big part of his appeal.

The rapid progression.

If he can make those huge strides over the course of the season, what's he going to look like next year? Or 5 years from now?

August birthday.

The way I see it, we're only at the very tip of the iceberg with his development.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Levshunov is Ekblad at his ceiling, Bogosian at his floor. No thanks.

It has to be Demidov or Buium, only guys with high enough ceilings I think.
This is where I’m at. I love Buium like crazy, but I’d be OK with Demidov because we need another elite forward who can drive his own line. But it has to be one of these two.

Reactions: Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My only thing with Buium is the size and lack of elite skating.

He plays bigger than he is and his edges are great but all the guys around his size who became truly elite were elite skaters.

I love Buium and I think his IQ will make up for his lack of elite skating in terms of contributing but I just wonder how far he can get without it.

I have him as my favorite D, and I think he’s likely a good 2D, but I’d rather chase the 100 point upside of Demidov.

Reactions: ello and bwana63

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
My only thing with Buium is the size and lack of elite skating.

He plays bigger than he is and his edges are great but all the guys around his size who became truly elite were elite skaters.

I love Buium and I think his IQ will make up for his lack of elite skating in terms of contributing but I just wonder how far he can get without it.

I have him as my favorite D, and I think he’s likely a good 2D, but I’d rather chase the 100 point upside of Demidov.
He’s very strong on his skates. He’s between 6&6-1, and sturdy. Size is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad