Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
When multiple scouts say Lwvhunov hs 1D upside. Curious what you think they mean? Where do you rank Dahlin in nhl defenseman lol.

Demidov = kucherov
But Levshunov = Dahlin is a wild take.
When the industry is split on who is 2.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
When multiple scouts say Lwvhunov hs 1D upside. Curious what you think they mean? Where do you rank Dahlin in nhl defenseman lol.
Plenty of other scouts say he doesn't have 1D upside and they see a high end 3 or a 2. Regardless, who cares what they think. What do you think?

Also.. like... Dahlin and Levshunov play zero things alike. You could atleast project his game based on his game. Like Weegar. Cernak. These are who he projects like (to me). I mean Dahlin has unreal IQ and hands, those aren't even Levshunov things.

Reactions: Pez68 and hawksrule

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Plenty of other scouts say he doesn't have 1D upside and they see a high end 3 or a 2. Regardless, who cares what they think. What do you think?

Also.. like... Dahlin and Levshunov play zero things alike. You could atleast project his game based on his game. Like Weegar. Cernak. These are who he projects like (to me). I mean Dahlin has unreal IQ and hands, those aren't even Levshunov things.
Check his USHL tape. Underrated hands. Will show more when he actually gets a second year in a league instead of dominating and then moving up the ladder year after year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Demidov = kucherov
But Levshunov = Dahlin is a wild take.
When the industry is split on who is 2.
Dahlin was considered generational. Levshunov should be compared with someone like Seth Jones who was always pegged in that 2-4 range...Put MacKinnon with Barkov type forwards in this class and Lev slots right in where Seth did, at #4...he might project as a 1 but we're not talking Norris type 1 probably, not that it isn't in the range of outcomes because Seth was in the race to go 2nd before Tallon went Barkov, but does the skillset scream Norris caliber player if he can't be a PP1 QB all minutes/situations guy

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
is next year good at forward as far as the draft goes? I wouldn't be mad if they went Levshunov or another defenseman just to solidify that future top 4 with Vlasic, Korchinski and Rinzel...then you have draft capital and cap space to add forward help for Bedard and if its another tankish year potentially add that blue chip forward next year...they shouldn't rush the rebuild 18 months in anyway and realisitcally this team needs 24 and 25 of high picks to be pretty close to complete on stacking their prospect chips and having the pool be balanced with high end talent split between forward and defense...worst case is they end up with bedard and nothing else super high end at forward because they ended the teardown too quickly, then we're just carolina

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I'm not #TeamDemidov but if the choice is between Demi and Lev, give me Demi

(hopefully the choice is between Silayev and Iginla)
All I read was the bolded.

1715914931172.gif

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
is next year good at forward as far as the draft goes? I wouldn't be mad if they went Levshunov or another defenseman just to solidify that future top 4 with Vlasic, Korchinski and Rinzel...then you have draft capital and cap space to add forward help for Bedard and if its another tankish year potentially add that blue chip forward next year...they shouldn't rush the rebuild 18 months in anyway and realisitcally this team needs 24 and 25 of high picks to be pretty close to complete on stacking their prospect chips and having the pool be balanced with high end talent split between forward and defense...worst case if they end up with bedard and nothing else super high end at forward because they ended the teardown too quickly, then we're just carolina
It's looking forward heavy, yeah

But next year's draft doesn't matter right now

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I dunno why everyone is so immersed with the Bogosian comp. Like someone just made it and everyone kinda ran with it.
Lots of opinions on nearly all things is narrative being repeated until it becomes common and accepted. Not saying DHF is wrong but he says it a few times and then look we keep seeing it repeated day after day.

Meanwhile I watched one 5 minute Levshunov video while taking a shit, thought he skated slow, and made my mind up on him so what the hell do I know?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Meanwhile I watched one 5 minute Levshunov video while taking a shit, thought he skated slow, and made my mind up on him so what the hell do I know?
I think all NHL teams should take this approach to scouting

The draft would be way more interesting

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Augustine was unreal for Michigan State. Levshunov was pretty good though. Feel like he's Bogosian and then others he's Cernak.
Lots of opinions on nearly all things is narrative being repeated until it becomes common and accepted. Not saying DHF is wrong but he says it a few times and then look we keep seeing it repeated day after day.

TLEH -> DHF

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yes he was. Great prospect. Average to slightly above average in the 1D ranks in the NHL. Will be similar pros.
Its like saying Kane was a 1W so in 2020 we say Laf has a ceiling like Kane. It doesn't make sense. They couldn't be further from each other. Laf and Kane, Dahlin and Levshunov.

Reactions: hawksrule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad