Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
This is from Button's 2025 draft write up from November.

"The second player on Button’s list to watch for is Swedish centre Anton Frondell, who is fresh off captaining his country to bronze at the U17s. He had six goals and an assist in seven games at the tournament.

This season, the 16-year-old has nine goals and 19 points in 12 games skating with Djurgardens J20 squad.

“Strong, two-way centre,” said Button of Frondell. “You watch him play and he’s got the well-rounded, two-way game like [Aleksander] Barkov. Good everywhere on the ice, no matter where – with or without the puck, offensively, defensively, playmaking, scoring, killing penalties. He’s the real deal.”

Maybe we can draft him next season. Who knows.
If you're a very good two center you're gonna get compared to Barkov by guys when it's their job is to generate clicks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I wish this draft had literally anyone who was a lock for #2.

In a draft like like this, you just know whoever the Blackhawks take won't end up being the second best player in the class.
You just gotta trust your scouting staff because if they're picking fourth the guy they have ranked at two might be there at four but he might not be. They didn't lose anything by drafting second so you trust the scouts which you seemingly do.

If the GM/ownership/whoever overrides the guys in charge of scouting it doesn't matter because you're doomed from the start.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
You just gotta trust your scouting staff because if they're picking fourth the guy they have ranked at two might be there at four but he might not be. They didn't lose anything by drafting second so you trust the scouts which you seemingly do.

If the GM/ownership/whoever overrides the guys in charge of scouting it doesn't matter because you're doomed from the start.
That would be the Cowboys way of managing. Which thankfully we don’t have.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hawks should select Demidov at #2, then his brother Semyon with the 5th or 6th round pick. His brother is 21 years old and doing quite well in the VHL. I think it'd be a nice gesture to get his brother. 5th and 6th round picks are pure dart throws anyway.

Just saw this video of highlights from the MHL championship series and man was Demidov awesome. He had plenty of high danger chances that just didn't go. He was kicking himself for missing the net on a lot of them, but he is so so dangerous. The pace of this game is incredibly high. It's basically a bunch of KHL/VHL guys playing for their MHL team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I wish this draft had literally anyone who was a lock for #2.

In a draft like like this, you just know whoever the Blackhawks take won't end up being the second best player in the class.
the odds are kind of against them if theyre trying to hit on best one out of 5-10 equalish guys...Chelios was on 670 and only brought up Lindstrom and Levshunov as the main candidates at two which was interesting...getting immediate help on the nhl roster could be an interesting development because demidov is in russia until he isnt, they could put lindstrom or levshunov on the roster immediately, not that this should be a priority but the "speed up the process" talk cant be ignored when weighing what they might do

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
the odds are kind of against them if theyre trying to hit on best one out of 5-10 equalish guys...Chelios was on 670 and only brought up Lindstrom and Levshunov as the main candidates at two which was interesting...getting immediate help on the nhl roster could be an interesting development because demidov is in russia until he isnt, they could put lindstrom or levshunov on the roster immediately, not that this should be a priority but the "speed up the process" talk cant be ignored when weighing what they might do
Lev and Lindstrom both need another year in their respective leagues.

Lindstrom is a great choice we're not really talking about much because of the injury history.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Lindstrom is a great choice we're not really talking about much because of the injury history.
Wonder if he didn’t have the injury issue where Lindstrom would slot in the draft.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Wonder if he didn’t have the injury issue where Lindstrom would slot in the draft.
The sample size on Lindstrom is too small for my liking. He had a decent season last year in the WHL but nothing incredible. This season was projecting to be fantastic, but I really wish he wasn't injured or on a stacked Medicine Hat Tigers team that made it hard to assess his performance.

I believe Cayden Lindstrom can put it together at the NHL and be a good power forward but as of now, he strikes me as a guy who has gotten as far as he has due to being generally physically more mature and taller (6'4"!) than other players.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Hawks should select Demidov at #2, then his brother Semyon with the 5th or 6th round pick. His brother is 21 years old and doing quite well in the VHL. I think it'd be a nice gesture to get his brother. 5th and 6th round picks are pure dart throws anyway.

Just saw this video of highlights from the MHL championship series and man was Demidov awesome. He had plenty of high danger chances that just didn't go. He was kicking himself for missing the net on a lot of them, but he is so so dangerous. The pace of this game is incredibly high. It's basically a bunch of KHL/VHL guys playing for their MHL team.

Guys go to 1.47 for the proper pronunciation of his name.

For some reason in NA Ivan is always pronounced as Ajvan, but properly it's Eevhan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Castle8130

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
What Chelios mentions doesn't have any weight in who the Blackhawks are selecting.

They could take a variety of options at 2, honestly, but Chelios isn't grinding CHL tape or MHL tape or NCAA tape lol.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What Chelios mentions doesn't have any weight in who the Blackhawks are selecting.

They could take a variety of options at 2, honestly, but Chelios isn't grinding CHL tape or MHL tape or NCAA tape lol.
he doesn't need to grind tape to hear things within the org circles, I just thought it was interesting he never brought up Demidov and talked about immediate help for Bedard

Could say that was the case for Dach and Korchinski too

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The sample size on Lindstrom is too small for my liking. He had a decent season last year in the WHL but nothing incredible. This season was projecting to be fantastic, but I really wish he wasn't injured or on a stacked Medicine Hat Tigers team that made it hard to assess his performance.

I believe Cayden Lindstrom can put it together at the NHL and be a good power forward but as of now, he strikes me as a guy who has gotten as far as he has due to being generally physically more mature and taller (6'4"!) than other players.
Eric Daze. Don't draft big men with back issues. That's all I'm gonna say here.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Honestly Levshunov could easily be a Weegar level player with the tools he has as well, but I simply do not see the offensive ability or upside to project him as a true #1.
He's completely invisible far too often for a player with his skillset, especially when we are talking about drafting him #2.

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Eric Daze. Don't draft big men with back issues. That's all I'm gonna say here.
I feel like 18 year old athletes are pretty durable though in terms of an ability to recuperate.

In any case, they'll have access to his medicals and can make a call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad