Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
A lot of people have zero foresight at all and make decisions like a toddler.

"oh we have X, Y, Z prospect that have never played an NHL game but I'm going to slot them into the top 6 for the future based on absolutely nothing"
"Oh well this guy is a better fit with bedard"

Half of these prospect won't make the roster let alone be a top 6 player, stop projecting guys to be future all-stars before they even play a game. Did you all learn absolutely nothing from Lukas Reichel this year? Everyone penciled him in as a top 6 core piece before the year and 6 months later half the people here were ready to get rid of him. Last year everyone was projecting Korchinski as a #1 D and Vlasic as a bottom pairing guy.

TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABE AND WORRY ABOUT FIT ONCE YOU HAVE ACTUAL NHL PLAYERS ON YOUR ROSTER. Jesus ****ing christ.

Last edited:

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
View attachment 868706

I think they have some updating to do
I did a 3 rounder with the consensus ratings instead of their ratings.

Screenshot_11-5-2024_54710_nhlentrydraft.com.jpeg

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Sharks fan coming in peace to see what's going at 2nd overall - the consensus seems to be Demidov amongst the fans, but do you think your management agrees? Also, do you see Bedard at center or wing in the future and how could that affect the thoughts regarding Demidov?

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Sharks fan coming in peace to see what's going at 2nd overall - the consensus seems to be Demidov amongst the fans, but do you think your management agrees? Also, do you see Bedard at center or wing in the future and how could that affect the thoughts regarding Demidov?
The best-connected beat reporter has said it's most likely between Demidov and Levshunov. Hard to know beyond that how management feels. They like big, mobile D and don't have great RHD prospect depth, but the system also badly lacks game breaking talent after Bedard. Could really go either way.

I think Bedard will be a long term C but don't really think it affects the plan with this pick either way.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I dont think we have any idea who they will take. It seems the majority of fans so far want Demidov. And congrats on your lottery win.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Guy's been lurking for 8 years and finally makes a post just to call out Musto and then leaves forever.

LEGEND.
Let the legend of DiqHead live on forever

Low hanging fruit. I remember when Musto was voted “best new poster”. Must have got to his head
Wasn’t the only option him and someone who made like 3 posts?

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Last edited:
Reactions: Darkstar

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

If they can deem that he's healthy and believe injuries won't be a constant then there's a high chance. But none of us actually know. I do think the talent evaluation folks have no problem taking their guy versus consensus though.

Reactions: Shark Finn

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Posted this on our draft thread, but Powers asked 9 draft experts on who to take between Lev and Demi, with Corey Pronman being the lone Levshunov voter. 8 of 9 feel we should go Russian to the podium.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Posted this on our draft thread, but Powers asked 9 draft experts on who to take between Lev and Demi, with Corey Pronman being the lone Levshunov voter. 8 of 9 feel we should go Russian to the podium.
Yeah but that's only cause he didn't them ask them about Silayev or Iginla :nod:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Reading through the comments of this article right now and see this comment from Powers:

Scott Powers

Scott Powers
· 3h 33m ago
STAFF
@Benoit G. From what I heard, Demodiv is a little over six foot and is actually a bit taller than Celebrini, for whatever it is worth.

If Scott's correct, Demidov is no longer undersized. We'll likely know for certain when he comes stateside in a few weeks.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Reading through the comments of this article right now and see this comment from Powers:

If Scott's correct, Demidov is no longer undersized. We'll likely know for certain when he comes stateside in a few weeks.
That's an interesting development.

He's probably still undersized based on weight though.

But yeah the combine results matter. There's always guys that shoot up or shrink.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Carefull or else statswatcher will make a 3rd alt to put you back in your place
The last one spoke in Shakespearean English.

Do you think the next one will swing the other way and use Gen Z slang?

"Musto is cap frfr bussin"

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The last one spoke in Shakespearean English.

Do you think the next one will swing the other way and use Gen Z slang?

"Musto is cap frfr bussin"
Musto has no rizz and no offers nothing to this board besides being an absolute simp for Dylan Strome who is mid af

Guy posts around here and has meltdowns over Peter Reynolds not being drafted as if he is the main character.

His profile picture is outdated and he has absolutely no drip what so ever

Few prompts for statwatcher to use:nod:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Opening eyes at the world championships is Norway RD Stian Solberg...6'2 192 ..maybe a steal ..but could be a riser after this tournament.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Hoping the next one writes like Dr Suess.
In the realm of the HF Hawks, there's a fellow named Kevin Musto,
Opinions he's got, oh, quite robust-o!
With certainty firm, he takes his stand,
No room for debate, he thinks he's grand.

Hockey prospects, oh, that's his song,
He'll sing it loud, all day long!
But mention a thought that's not in line,
And Kevin Musto draws a red line.

No alternative views, no siree,
In Kevin's world, it's only he!
His opinions reign supreme and high,
No dissent allowed, no reason to try.

But in the land of HF Hawks, where ideas do roam,
It's healthy to hear from every dome.
So Kevin Musto, with your steadfast view,
A little openness might be due!

Embrace the diversity of thought, my friend,
For in the exchange, true wisdom does blend.
So post away about your hockey stars,
But listen to others, beyond the bars!

- Chat GPT and me punching it up

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
#2 Lindstrom/2C of the Hawks
#20 KD schocksceveryomand takes his big mobile RD in Stian Solberg...

This actually makes sense....steal!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
In the realm of the HF Hawks, there's a fellow named Kevin Musto,
Opinions he's got, oh, quite robust-o!
With certainty firm, he takes his stand,
No room for debate, he thinks he's grand.

Hockey prospects, oh, that's his song,
He'll sing it loud, all day long!
But mention a thought that's not in line,
And Kevin Musto draws a red line.

No alternative views, no siree,
In Kevin's world, it's only he!
His opinions reign supreme and high,
No dissent allowed, no reason to try.

But in the land of HF Hawks, where ideas do roam,
It's healthy to hear from every dome.
So Kevin Musto, with your steadfast view,
A little openness might be due!

Embrace the diversity of thought, my friend,
For in the exchange, true wisdom does blend.
So post away about your hockey stars,
But listen to others, beyond the bars!

- Chat GPT and me punching it up
Masterpiece. @DiqHed could never.

I read this article and look at who went with Demidov.

Byron Bader, Craig Button, and Will Scouch.

That is not good company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad