Line Combos: Who should play with Couturier and Read?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
1. Brendan Morrow still isn't signed

Gritty Vet, leadership, good along the boards but I am not sure what he has left.

2. Anthony Stewart will probably make SJ but if not

Big (6'3" 230), gritty, forward, not much offense

3. Asham isn't ideal or likely

I don't think Lavy thought Asham brought effort on the forecheck every night but he could create some space for Coots and Read

You could have just saved your time by saying there's nothing out there.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I understand people don't think this team is a serious Stanley Cup contender, but this team is ready to compete right now. Two keys, make the playoffs, and stay healthy. If you manage that, anything can happen when you get in. Health is just crucial for any team to make a run, hopefully we have a good run because last year was definitely the exact opposite of that haha.

I am optimistic that the team will turn a corner this year, whether they will be good enough to be considered Cup contenders this year is premature.

If everything goes well with health, our forward corps is very strong, with three lines capable of scoring.

On D, it will depend if having two, maybe three small offensive guys paired with bigger, more defensive partners will succeed. Streit and Gus will have a lot to say about this season, along with a rebound of Coburn. Meszaros is the wildcard. A bit rebound and the D could be good.

I want Mason and Emery to be great in the net but Mason didn't look great in his outings so far. I didn't see any of the game but acc. to reports, Emery looked merely OK in his. They need to be very good for this team to do anything.

JayB

May 30, 2012
You could have just saved your time by saying there's nothing out there.

Ummm... I would give a shot to Morrow that price what is rumoured. There was rumours that St.Luis is offered 1milj/1y. contract. Anthony Stewart could be wild card too. I would be more insurance if there is Morrow in our third line with two "youngsters" if the second choice is first year guys like Raffl or etc. There will be injurys and then it is good to have guys like McGinn,Raffl, etc to fill those spots.
Aaron Asham is kind of team ***** in east but that isnt what im looking for to our third line.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ummm... I would give a shot to Morrow that price what is rumoured. There was rumours that St.Luis is offered 1milj/1y. contract. Anthony Stewart could be wild card too. I would be more insurance if there is Morrow in our third line with two "youngsters" if the second choice is first year guys like Raffl or etc. There will be injurys and then it is good to have guys like McGinn,Raffl, etc to fill those spots.
Aaron Asham is kind of team ***** in east but that isnt what im looking for to our third line.

Nope, I rather have the younger guys over all of them. Morrow was terrible with Pittsburgh last year, Stewart really isn't anything noteworthy, & Asham is pointless because Rinaldo & Rosehill.

There's no way in hell I'm putting any of those three on a line with Couturier when he'll be going up against other teams top lines every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad