Who should Leafs Target with Nashville Pick? (24th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
4th:

Noah Hanifin
Mitch Marner
Dylan Strome

24th:

Joel Eriksson Ek
Colin White
Jeremy Bracco
Jack Roslovic

I really liked those 3 US boys at the U18 WC in Switzerland! :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ek, Bracco, Kylington are my preferences at 24. There's multiple others though.

We'll have a lot of options at 24.

Pretty exciting

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Ek, Bracco, Kylington are my preferences at 24. There's multiple others though.

We'll have a lot of options at 24.

Pretty exciting

Why?

Why are people putting their choices on here without explaining why?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Funny I read or saw a review of Sprong and his aversion to defense is apparently legendary, I consider that a flaw. Being defensively lax is not unusual in young players but with Sprong this aversion was particularly noteworthy, I can think of a star in the NHL that also has this flaw.

I'm hoping character is a significant barometer of the possible players TO will consider on draft day.

That's the high risk reward bit. If he got that part of his game together even somewhat he would be a lock for 10-15 in the draft. Right now Sprong is between 22-45 depending who you ask. He is a very strong technical skater though and has a great release and good size.

I admit I have watched enough and seen him coast around. He is absolutely terrible outside offense. Horrible really but damn when he is going for it.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Noah Juulsen seems to be gaining position on some lists.

I like what he offers. He might be a bit of a reach at 24, though...not sure.

On the other hand, if a guy like Chabot or Zboril falls to 24, I'd happily watch Toronto pick one of them.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Noah Juulsen seems to be gaining position on some lists.

I like what he offers. He might be a bit of a reach at 24, though...not sure.

On the other hand, if a guy like Chabot or Zboril falls to 24, I'd happily watch Toronto pick one of them.

I have Juulsen before Chabot, but behind Zboril. I think that he showed great progress over last season and is also RHD.

But I believe we should be picking another forward at 24OA, I'm sure that there will be someone that has fallen or even without such guy, there are some high risk/high reward, skilled players.

I believe that consensus ranking of prospects, as someone posted it before, is showing us that first 15 or 16 picks are in different tier than next tier. But White, Chabot, EK Eriksson, J. Roy, Zboril, Boeser, Sprong, Harkins and Debrusk are quite close, as next tier. Especially first 4 players listed are the most certain to be picked in places from 17-20. And I would add Guryanov, Kylington and Bracco(especially if he shows at least 5'10'' at combine) as posibilities for picks from 20OA and on.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'm going to add Samsonov to the ever growing want list at 24.

The want list, in no particular order:

Samsonov
Juulsen
White
Ek
Guryanov
Boeser
Konecny (no way he gets past Ottawa)

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
McKenzie has Kylington at 24 and Ek at 23. I'd be very happy with either of them. Would prefer Ek though. He's my #1 choice.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
- Merkley is at # 17 and I don't believe Nick Merkley is going to drop further and he might even go by the 15th OA, the Leafs should target this kid (via trade)
- If Merkley is not available then there is no need to move up, After Merkley my preference would be (not in any order) any one of Evgeni Svechnikov, Denis Guryanov, Joel Eriksson Ek, and Jacob Larsson

We should target Alexander Dergachyov at # 65 or acquire a second round pick some how

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
- Merkley is at # 17 and I don't believe Nick Merkley is going to drop further and he might even go by the 15th OA, the Leafs should target this kid (via trade)
- If Merkley is not available then there is no need to move up, After Merkley my preference would be (not in any order) any one of Evgeni Svechnikov, Denis Guryanov, Joel Eriksson Ek, and Jacob Larsson

We should target Alexander Dergachyov at # 65 or acquire a second round pick some how

I doubt Degachyov will be there in the 3rd round. I'd like to see the Leafs acquire at least two more top 60 picks.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I'd honestly be thrilled to take Samsonov at 24th. However Edmonton and Buffalo have shown great interest so he probably goes 16th or 21st.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
200.gif

That's what Hunter and Dubas should do at the draft table when everyone are looking over the prospects. Run up to the podium and pick Senyshyn because he's gonna be a steal and would be rated higher if he wasn't buried on a stacked SSM team. Maybe we could get Anaheims 27th pick for JVR and pick him then.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
200.gif

That's what Hunter and Dubas should do at the draft table when everyone are looking over the prospects. Run up to the podium and pick Senyshyn because he's gonna be a steal and would be rated higher if he wasn't buried on a stacked SSM team. Maybe we could get Anaheims 27th pick for JVR and pick him then.
Definitely one of the best skaters in the draft, he played on the 4th line most of the year correct?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Definitely one of the best skaters in the draft, he played on the 4th line most of the year correct?

I think he was up and down from 3rd and 4th line. Didn't get to watch all of SSM games, but all the ones I did watch, he stood out every game. Flies down the wing and battles everywhere on the ice and goes to the dirty areas. Great hands and is a good two way player with good size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad