Who should be the goalie?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Who do you think? Korpi or lee's boy?

I went with rotate them. Give them both max exposure. Whoever plays best stays when Bob is ready until C-Mac comes back.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Forsberg has earned another look and it goes from there. Ride the hot hand and give the player and the team some confidence

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Forsberg has earned another look and it goes from there. Ride the hot hand and give the player and the team some confidence

This. Gives Forsberg the chance. If he plays well, give him another chance. If not leave it up to practices to determine.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Forsberg earned the start. As far as beyond that, Torts looks like he's going to play the hot goal tender until he's not. We should see them both in the back-to-back Fri/Sat. I think Bob's ineligible until the 10th?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bob will be back soon. The question is who do we want starting for Lake Erie and who do we want as Bob's back up. Korpisalo is younger and hasn't had enough starts this year so I'd let him start in Lake Erie.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Bob will be back soon. The question is who do we want starting for Lake Erie and who do we want as Bob's back up. Korpisalo is younger and hasn't had enough starts this year so I'd let him start in Lake Erie.

Isn't he back on IR? I would imagine it'd be another few weeks if thats the case.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
All ye hot handers - you all went with the cliche. To me at this point in the season I'd rather see as much as both of them as possible. While not advocating tanking the long term benefit to seeing as much as possible seems to me to be the way to go. Of course Korpi did have, what 4 starts? so maybe from that perspective Forsberg should get a few more to start. I guess I just can't get past looking longer term at the possible expense of the short.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
All ye hot handers - you all went with the cliche. To me at this point in the season I'd rather see as much as both of them as possible. While not advocating tanking the long term benefit to seeing as much as possible seems to me to be the way to go. Of course Korpi did have, what 4 starts? so maybe from that perspective Forsberg should get a few more to start. I guess I just can't get past looking longer term at the possible expense of the short.
I for one look at that as a roundabout form of tanking, and all such things are to be killed with fire.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Who do you think? Korpi or lee's boy?

I went with rotate them. Give them both max exposure. Whoever plays best stays when Bob is ready until C-Mac comes back.

It should definitely be ride the hot hand, but give preference to Korpi because he's seen more NHL action recently.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
C'mon EspenK. "While not advocating tanking". Sounds to me like that is exactly what you're doing. I personally think we're best off winning as many games as possible. I know you disagree, but we'll leave it at that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I for one look at that as a roundabout form of tanking, and all such things are to be killed with fire.

Of course you would. I think it just makes sense to take the opportunity to see as much of each as possible to help decide the long term which I know is a foreign concept to many here.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
C'mon EspenK. "While not advocating tanking". Sounds to me like that is exactly what you're doing. I personally think we're best off winning as many games as possible. I know you disagree, but we'll leave it at that.

Just like last year helped? I see both sides but to me this is a unique opportunity to see both. I don't believe either one can string a bunch of wins together at this point in their careers so to me it doesn't make sense to pass up the opportunity.

So if the first starter wins a wild and wooley 5-4 shootout does he have the hot hand? If he posts a 33 stop shutout then ok start him again.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You try to win every game. Anything else and you should have your team taken away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad