Music: Who should be in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Who Should be in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame? The link is Inductees A to Z | Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Please post your opinions. I searched for bands to see if they were in, and I discovered 21 bands that are not:

Bad Company
The Cramps
XTC
Ozzy Osbourne - he's only in for Black Sabbath
Brian Eno - he's only in for Roxy Music
The Smiths
John Coltrane
King Crimson
Son House
Gram Parsons
Sonic Youth
Iron Maiden
Warren Zevon
The New York Dolls
Chic
MC5
Joy Division/New Order
Black Flag
The Replacements
Link Wray
Soundgarden
Pixies
Motorhead
Jethro Tull

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Who Should be in the Rock Hall of Fame? The link is Inductees A to Z | Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Please post your opinions. I searched for bands to see if they were in, and I discovered 10 bands that are not:

The Smiths are not in.
John Coltrane is not in.
King Crimson is not in.
Son House is not in.
Gram Parsons is not in.
Sonic Youth are not in.
Iron Maiden is not in.
Warren Zevon is not in.
The New York Dolls are not in.
Chic is not in.

why would Coltrane be in over Miles?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Foreigner.

Gramm detailed this in an appearance on Good Day Rochester. He said that guitarist Mick Jones and Rock Hall co-founder Jann Wenner were once close friends. After some of the bands who were peers of Foreigner were inducted, a meeting was set up between Jones, Wenner and Foreigner’s manager. This meeting was scheduled to see what Foreigner did or didn’t do to be ignored by the Rock Hall.

Gramm said, “[The meeting] got real heated, and when our manager and Mick got up to leave [Wenner] said, ‘It’ll be a cold day in hell before Foreigner gets into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.”

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
giphy.gif

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Nickelback

Laugh all you want, over 50 million records sold and the 11th highest selling band of all time. Their success speaks for itself and I cannot see the RRHOF being insecure enough to not include them because of their pop culture punchline status.

Bryan Adams

Over 75 million records sold, multiple top 15 singles. His record Reckless going five time platinum. He's a shoe in, IMO.

Barenaked Ladies

Ok ok this is my controversial pick. But they sold over 15 million copies and went platinum with One Week. Maybe not enough for HOF status, but I look at these guys not being inducted as an example of why the RRHOF is more like the American Music Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Reactions: VelvetVortex

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Thanks for your posts. My list is up to date because I didn't copy it from a website, I searched for bands manually.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So where is such names as elvis Presley or Beatles

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
INXS

Dark horse-Rick Springfield. 18 million albums sold. 17 top 40 singles. Four platinum albums over a 3.5-year span 1981-1984.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
To me it feels like pretty much all of the Hall-of-fames eventually get bloated. This year Joy Divison was up, and while i do really love them they only had 2 studio album under that name (then you have stiff kittens, warsav etc.) and wasn't that well known outside of Europe until Curtis death. It doesn't help that it would be some wierd kinda mix along with New Order either.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In the Pitchfork Music Hall of Fame, bands that are selected become banal, mainstream and bourgeois immediately upon admission and are then subsequently kicked out on that basis.

Reactions: GKJ and Say Hey Kid

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Ozzy
Pantera
Scorpions
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Megadeth
Slayer
Ted Nugent
Soundgarden
ELP
i concur with ELP and Ozzy (not a fan but he's great at what he does)

before these others you mentioned, i think humble pie belongs there....also poco .....after that, i'd say priest and thin lizzy are the next deserving on your list....just my opinion!

Foreigner has sold over 80 million records BTW (worldwide).
if we go with them (who I like a lot)....we have to go with bad company too

VelvetVortex

Oct 6, 2023
Nickelback

Laugh all you want, over 50 million records sold and the 11th highest selling band of all time. Their success speaks for itself and I cannot see the RRHOF being insecure enough to not include them because of their pop culture punchline status.

Bryan Adams

Over 75 million records sold, multiple top 15 singles. His record Reckless going five time platinum. He's a shoe in, IMO.

Barenaked Ladies

Ok ok this is my controversial pick. But they sold over 15 million copies and went platinum with One Week. Maybe not enough for HOF status, but I look at these guys not being inducted as an example of why the RRHOF is more like the American Music Hall of Fame.
I agree that Bryan Adams should be included into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 😎 While I really enjoy Nickelback's music, I don't think they've quite reached that level for inclusion in the Hall of Fame yet.

Reactions: End on a Hinote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad