Who should be 2nd Team All-Star center?

2nd All-Star Team Center

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
that didn't stop the hockey writers from voting ovechkin in at 2 different positions a few years back, all the awards the hockey writers vote on are a joke

And he's the only one who has done that before, because it's difficult to split the vote and still earn enough at each position (Individual voters aren't voting him at both). A lot of players get voted at multiple positions because they switch before that season or during the season, and voters are either unaware of the switch or can't decide on which position to consider him for. Draisaitl has spent decent time at all three, so writers would have to agree which position to consider him for in order for him to maximize votes. Coming into the year he was usually listed as C/RW, so I'm assuming most voters will consider him RW for the year and vote accordingly. With Kucherov and Kane though, plus some vote splitting, I'm assuming he'll come 3rd there.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
And he's the only one who has done that before, because it's difficult to split the vote and still earn enough at each position (Individual voters aren't voting him at both). A lot of players get voted at multiple positions because they switch before that season or during the season, and voters are either unaware of the switch or can't decide on which position to consider him for. Draisaitl has spent decent time at all three, so writers would have to agree which position to consider him for in order for him to maximize votes. Coming into the year he was usually listed as C/RW, so I'm assuming most voters will consider him RW for the year and vote accordingly. With Kucherov and Kane though, plus some vote splitting, I'm assuming he'll come 3rd there.
wasn't trying to argue your point. just pointing out how unorganized and brain dead the hockey writers are that they can't even agree on which position a player plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad