Who scores the first goal of the 2012-2013 season?

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Who do you think scores our first goal of the season?

I left out Gerbe and McCormick because both are injured. Left out Pardy and Brennan too, assuming both aren't in Buffalo.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Nice poll question - was going to suggest this poll or make it myself.

No love for Grigs? or did you just run out of room and wanted to make sure theres a space for "Other" just in people wanted to predict that Gerbe/McCormick/Brennan/Pardy or someone else - scores the first goal? Or do you think hes not even going to get a tryout?

Speaking of predicting scoring goals (or assists even) - hopefully the Sabres Survivor Contest returns - it made the games more fun to watch last season. Especially during that losing road trip in January - hoping your Sabre player scored or got an assist so you could advance to the next game or perhaps even win that round. Of course, I hope we have none of those stretches this season and that every game is an exciting one and ends with a Sabres win! ;)

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008
Matt Ellis because he's a viking warrior/

Attachments

• ellis.jpg
    ellis.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 47

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
16 votes so far and none for Vanek. I like that John Scott has a vote though.

I didn't pick Vanek just because it was too obvious to go with our best pure goal scorer. I have a strong feeling that Ennis is going to sprint out of the gate this year, even if the elevated responsibility/difficulty of match-ups might catch up after a few weeks. Stafford's the chosen beneficiary in this scenario.

Here's to hoping Vanek-Pommers have the same kind of start they did last year as well.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
5 minutes into the philly game, ennis makes a slick pass to stafford who uncorks a one timer that hits bryzgalov and squeeks through him into the crease, foligno crashes the net and shovels it home

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I picked Stafford, although I think Leino is also very realistic. He scored against the Flyers at least twice last year in four games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad