Who scores more in their rookie season: Carter or Vanek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Who will score more points this year: Jeff Carter or Thomas Vanek?
I'm leaning towards Carter right now as he'll be on the top line in Philly w/ Forsberg and Gagne, but Vanek has 1 full year of AHL experience... even though Carter led the playoff scoring.. tough call, what do you think?

Will anyone other than Crosby or Ovechkin score more points than these 2?

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
GagneOwnsYou said:
Carter is slated to be on a line with Forsberg and Gagne. If that happens he'll easily outscore Thomas.

Coulnd't Vanek end up on the Top line, as well? They kinda have a hole there without Satan, and he apparantly has chemistry with Briere.

But yeah, Foppa and Gagne are better players, so should make Carter better.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
trahans99 said:
Who will score more points this year: Jeff Carter or Thomas Vanek?
I'm leaning towards Carter right now as he'll be on the top line in Philly w/ Forsberg and Gagne, but Vanek has 1 full year of AHL experience... even though Carter led the playoff scoring.. tough call, what do you think?

Will anyone other than Crosby or Ovechkin score more points than these 2?

ad say carter will get more points. vanek more goals.

and to answer your second question....i think these guys are going to be given every opportunity, and if everything goes rigth they could very well outscore those two:

alex perezhogin
brandon bochenski
alexander steen
zach parise
marek svatos

other than that...i really dont think there will be too many people who challenge carter and vanek in scoring...of course there is gonna be some surprises...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Carter will and it won't even be close. Vanek won't get to play with the best player in the world.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Carter will and it won't even be close. Vanek won't get to play with the best player in the world.

Who's to say Carter will all season? With Forsberg's injury history, Carter's lucky if he gets to play 50 games this season with Forsberg, let alone 50 games on his line. To say Carter will easily outscore Vanek is absurd. Vanek is penciled in to replace Satan as our premier scoring forward. His first preseason game, he had 2 goals, one in the third period and the other in overtime (plus another mind-blowing shootout goal after the game). He and Daniel Briere (the Sabres #1 center) have been experiencing incredible chemistry so it's likely Vanek will be on the Sabres top line the majority of the year. Vanek and Carter could easily both have the same amount of points this year and neither should experience problems producing. However, to say Carter will outscore Vanek and it won't even be close sounds to me like you're just another Flyer fan thinking Carter is the 2nd coming of Mats Sundin or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad