Who replaces Goodenow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Joy will spread throughout the hockey world as sometime within the next week, it would be very likely that Bob Goodenow is releived of his duties as executive director of the NHLPA.

Who replaces him?

Ted Saskin and Mike Gartner are at the top of my list.

ATLANTARANGER*

Personally, I think it is time for a former player.

Gartner would seem logical. Also, it is quite obvious that Bettman must go and likewise be placed by someone who knows the game. I've suggested someone like Ken Dryden, or the Great One. No more lawyers on either side. They think nothing of lying and too many of them end up as convicted felons.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Actually a trained moneky would be able to do a better job than this clown.

His stupidity has cost the PA for the next 20 years.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
After the Goodenow experience, the NHLPA needs someone that knows how to communicate and get along with people - someone like:

Mike Keenan :)

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Don Meehan :dunno:

The reason I say this is because the players that have been reported that went behind Goodenow's back were his clients (Pronger/Ignila/Roenick). He may not want the job, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is offeredthe job because the PA will want somebody that is known as a good negotiator.

jb**

Finnigan said:

The reason I say this is because the players that have been reported that went behind Goodenow's back were his clients (Pronger/Ignila/Roenick). He may not want the job, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is offeredthe job because the PA will want somebody that is known as a good negotiator.
Jeremy Roenick, just kidding how about Ray Ferraro

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Finnigan said:

And he seems fairly well respected on both sides of the fence. He'd be a great choice, imo.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Gerry Meehan
-Former NHL player
-Former NHL
-Lawyer
-Chairman of the Board for the Cardinal Sports Group

GERRY MEEHAN - CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD

Mr. Meehan is a graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law in 1982. With over 35 years of experience in hockey at all levels, Mr. Meehan brings invaluable knowledge to Cardinal Sports.

Prior to beginning a legal career Mr. Meehan played 12 seasons of professional hockey, including four as a member of the Buffalo Sabres. Thereafter, Mr. Meehan practiced sports, corporate and immigration law with a private U.S. law firm. In 1984 Mr. Meehan rejoined the Sabres as Assistant General Manager/Associate Counsel, rising to the position of Vice President/General Manger in 1986. He held this position until 1993 when he became Executive Vice President - Sports Operations.

Mr. Meehan provides legal consultations to Cardinal Sports' clients with respect to NCAA regulations and eligibility issues. He is also a trusted advisor and source of experience to all Cardinal Sports' athletes.

http://www.cardinalsportsgroup.com/webstart/b2/bios.asp

J-D

Feb 27, 2002
the dizzle!
Visit site
ATLANTARANGER said:
Gartner would seem logical. Also, it is quite obvious that Bettman must go and likewise be placed by someone who knows the game. I've suggested someone like Ken Dryden, or the Great One. No more lawyers on either side. They think nothing of lying and too many of them end up as convicted felons.

Sorry, Dryden is part of the government's cabinet for now.

BlueShirt

Feb 17, 2005
MSG
Gartner would get my vote. You need a former player in that position. I would like to see Bettman gone too. I don't think he is good for the game. Grets would be my choice for commish. He is the hockey ambassador.

MmmBacon

Dec 2, 2004
Finnigan said:

He'd make a good choice, but he was approached before Goodenow was hired and said he wasn't interested. That was when he was making a zillion dollars less than he is now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Devilsfanatic said:
Glen Healey!!!
:lol :lol Healy wants to be the little dog in the cartoons following Goodenow around saying, can I come out and play too Bobby, can I huh, can I huh, Bobby you're great, can I Bob, come on Bobby boy, come on....

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
go kim johnsson said:
Joy will spread throughout the hockey world as sometime within the next week, it would be very likely that Bob Goodenow is releived of his duties as executive director of the NHLPA.

Who replaces him?

Ted Saskin and Mike Gartner are at the top of my list.
Are you saying Saskin as in you believe he will take over? or you want him to take over?

I for one absolutely loathe Ted Saskin! He is a weasel, and has very little respect for anyone who against his plight, and resorts to name calling and childish behaviour when debating his points. If Goodenow goes, Saskin better be going with him!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Puckhead said:
Are you saying Saskin as in you believe he will take over? or you want him to take over?

I for one absolutely loathe Ted Saskin! He is a weasel, and has very little respect for anyone who against his plight, and resorts to name calling and childish behaviour when debating his points. If Goodenow goes, Saskin better be going with him!
Couldn't agree more...Ted Saskin is a Knob Goodenow wanna be...or at least he has been playing that part in this soap opera...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Puckhead said:

I could care less who is PA head. I'm saying that if I were compiling a short list of people who I think would be in the running, they would be it. Actually, I hope it's Gartner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad