Who quietly had a very good season

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Didn't realize Larkin had such a good season, pretty much doubled his production from last year.

Definitely a sophomore slump for him.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Same can be said for Clayton Keller who had 23 goals 65 points in his rookie campaign.
Cant really say Keller was underrated or under talked about. The first half of the season Boeser and Keller were considered the calder front runners with their goal streaks

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is what I came to say. I honestly did not hear one word about him all year on any broadcast. I was shocked when I saw his stats on the TSN website.

Quietest 80 plus point season I’ve ever seen.

We have a transplanted Sabre fan in Avs country who raves about him. If not for that, we'd probably not have noticed until stumbling onto a broadcast or over a stat site.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
This years rookie group was solid, so Will Butchers 44 points went unnoticed. Not bad for a guy who was playing college puck 11 months ago.

Clayton Keller is another rookie who was never talked about, 65 points on an absolute garbage team as a 19 year old.

Keller was the front runner for the calder early in the season, everyone was talking about him

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Jake Gardiner: 5G, 47A= 52 points in a full 82 games

Very much overshadowed by Rielly and even Dermott this year, despite career high offensive numbers. Yes, he is without a doubt a sieve on defense, but that is still 52 points from your second pairing d-man. Gotta give credit where it is due; he had a monster offensive season, particularly in the 2nd half, and no one, even in Toronto, seemed to notice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad