Who on your favorite team would you NOT trade for Dahlin?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I know there's been quite a few threads on this kid since the draft lottery, but I'm trying to gauge the hype from fans of the NHL.

Answer the question!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
leafs-matthews-marner-feat-1.jpg

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I can understand Laine and Scheifele, but Hellebuyck is a bit ridiculous.

On the Habs, no one would be off limits.

Hellebuyck is a 24 year old Vezina candidate. Elite Goaltenders are the hardest thing in hockey to find, so I’ll take an Elite goalie on the Jets over a Elite/1D/Franchise Defensmen any day of the week. McDavid is the best player in the world, Draisaitl is a Elite 1C on almost any other team and the Oilers still missed the Playoffs, Karlsson is the best defensemen in the world and hasn’t had much playoff success through his career. You can thank Goaltending for them not making it, so I will take the more important player and position.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hellebuyck is a 24 year old Vezina candidate. Elite Goaltenders are the hardest thing in hockey to find, so I’ll take an Elite goalie on the Jets over a Elite/1D/Franchise Defensmen any day of the week. McDavid is the best player in the world, Draisaitl is a Elite 1C on almost any other team and the Oilers still missed the Playoffs, Karlsson is the best defensemen in the world and hasn’t had much playoff success through his career. You can thank Goaltending for them not making it, so I will take the more important player and position.

Pump the brakes with the "elite" tag. He has exactly one season under his belt performing at this level, and there's plenty of guys that couldn't keep up that kind of level over multiple seasons.

As for Edmonton, Talbot has a better career SV% than Hellebuyck. Is he not elite?

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Pump the brakes with the "elite" tag. He has exactly one season under his belt performing at this level, and there's plenty of guys that couldn't keep up that kind of level over multiple seasons.

As for Edmonton, Talbot has a better career SV% than Hellebuyck. Is he not elite?

Gotta love it. He will likely have a great career but ppl jump the gun so much to call ppl bad or great around here

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Not that I agree completely with him on Hellebuyck, but if your starting goalie is Pavelec for as long as we had him, you pretty much worship Hellebuyck for being able to be a game changer in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad