Who needs a good laugh? We need to trade Nylander, Rielly Andersen, and Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
Not that there is anything wrong with any of these players we just Need other players more. Both positional and skill set wise.

Nylander and Marner because you cant have that much money tied up in 4 forwards and you keep the Centers. If it was both Forwards and D we wouldn't be having any of these types of discussions here.

Rielly because well, even though I really like him he is just too soft, and about to hit a payday for pretty much being an offensive Dman with no snarl.

Andersen because he is worth something now. He just cant seem to win.

We can limp along every year and have cap problems and still be a #1 Dman away or we can reset for 2 years and then be a damn scary team for Years to come. Right now we need a lot of luck and the universe to spin just right in order to get close with our current path.

Just a thought.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
So your idea is to trade essentially all our offence, our best defender, and number 1 goalie for... what?

Combination of draft trade and UFA for what we need. Because we don't have what we need and it's very clear. But what we have is very good. I would rather trade JT but he has an no movement clause. Just being realistic about what we have what we need and where we are with the cap.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
3 out of 4 would work , for all the talk on here about trading Marner and how bad his contract is there seems to be serious disconnect from reality . Nobody is trading to take on an 11 million dollar cap hit in a flat cap market so the only way he goes anywhere is if we continue to eat a big part of his salary , paying half his salary for him to play elsewhere coupled with what his replacement will cost is going to be a net cap loss , face it he's not moving . The other three we could move for 1 top tier Dman plus some pics and actually come out near or even under the cap .

Last edited:

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Not that there is anything wrong with any of these players we just Need other players more. Both positional and skill set wise.

Nylander and Marner because you cant have that much money tied up in 4 forwards and you keep the Centers. If it was both Forwards and D we wouldn't be having any of these types of discussions here.

Rielly because well, even though I really like him he is just too soft, and about to hit a payday for pretty much being an offensive Dman with no snarl.

Andersen because he is worth something now. He just cant seem to win.

We can limp along every year and have cap problems and still be a #1 Dman away or we can reset for 2 years and then be a damn scary team for Years to come. Right now we need a lot of luck and the universe to spin just right in order to get close with our current path.

Just a thought.
You don't trade Reilly for anything in my opinion. But having Matthews ,Tavares and Kadri down the middle is really a new Gms dream for starting a new team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Combination of draft trade and UFA for what we need. Because we don't have what we need and it's very clear. But what we have is very good. I would rather trade JT but he has an no movement clause. Just being realistic about what we have what we need and where we are with the cap.
Have to admit reading the OP and ‘realistic’ wasn’t the first thing that came to mind.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Ppl calling athletes soft is hilarious. These ppl play thru unreal injuries but cause they don’t check everyone they see or have a “snarl”... whatever the f*** that means.. they’re “soft”

Reactions: Spargon

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I always find it funny that some people think their opinion is worth a whole thread when their post could just be added to the gluttony of threads that are on the front page arguing about the same shit.
Truthfully i think its funny when people get angry with posters who post random threads..... i mean if the topic sucks it typically gets buried fast that is unless angry posters post in the thread and prolong it.

Reactions: Duckrider

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
We need more snarl like Jake Muzzin and his 2 hits per game average. Scoring in hockey is a secondary thought to tough snarling

Reactions: danny90

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I always find it funny that some people think their opinion is worth a whole thread when their post could just be added to the gluttony of threads that are on the front page arguing about the same shit.
Like fold this into the Free Agent and Trade thread where it should have been from the beginning? :)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Truthfully i think its funny when people get angry with posters who post random threads..... i mean if the topic sucks it typically gets buried fast that is unless angry posters post in the thread and prolong it.
Well, there is a trade thread stickied.....

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Why stop there? Lets trade Matthews while we're at it. Sandin and Liljegren should go as well.
Robertson 100% should be traded

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad