Who makes the playoffs from the Metropolitan Division?

Which of these are playoff teams?

• Total voters

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Choose up to 6

Current standings :
LWR_Recording.png

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I could definitely see the Isles having a huge surge but I've kept doubting the Rangers this season and every time I've been wrong. Rags ain't shabby.

Caps/Pens/Canes for the others in no particular order.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wash, Car, Nyr.

Really poor division.

What? It's not as good as it was early as teams have fallen off but it has one two of the best teams in the league, the Penguins who are always good, and an up and coming team in the Rangers that currently has the second best point % in the NHL.

Reactions: DaveG

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Bait, dude, that was bait.

I remember how last year people were trolling the east because it was supposed to be amazing but the Flyers fell off and the Sabres sucked, but at the top of the division it was the best in the league. I think most people who were trolling were butthurt Canadian fans who were upset that the north was called the weakest division. Maybe this is where it stems from.

Reactions: DaveG

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I think the Blue Jackets have a realistic shot. Have scored the 2nd most goals so far behind the Caps(in the Metro).

Have some underrated forwards on that team for sure.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Islanders hate seems like alot of wish full and hope full thinking from certain specific fan bases. Been a tough start for them 13 games on the road then covid. I dont think so far this season is an accurate depiction of what the team is capable of but they have played alot of hockey. Their roster isnt below average either. I know when you only stat watch its hard to identify players that are hard to play against but that team has alot of them. Hence why they have success in the playoffs not November when the games are loose. Even if its too late this year they will be back next season.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
The Islanders hate seems like alot of wish full and hope full thinking from certain specific fan bases. Been a tough start for them 13 games on the road then covid. I dont think so far this season is an accurate depiction of what the team is capable of but they have played alot of hockey. Their roster isnt below average either. I know when you only stat watch its hard to identify players that are hard to play against but that team has alot of them. Hence why they have success in the playoffs not November when the games are loose. Even if its too late this year they will be back next season.

They've lost 6 straight at home (getting out scored 18-6) so the road excuse doesn't work. Every team has had to deal with injuries, covid, etc to varying degrees, it doesn't excuse being on an 11 game losing streak.

Reactions: RSPens

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They've lost 6 straight at home (getting out scored 18-6) so the road excuse doesn't work. Every team has had to deal with injuries, covid, etc to varying degrees, it doesn't excuse being on an 11 game losing streak.
Lol they have lost half their team and have no rhythm. Its not the same for every team. Hockey keyboard warriors that have never been there just dont understand injuries or what its like when half your team is out and there is no consistency.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Honestly still think the Isles get hot and turn their season around at some point. Rangers falter a bit and the two NY teams battle it out for 3rd metro slot/WC slot. Canes and Caps a top the division in some order, too early to tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad