Who leads the Oilers in Points for 2015-2016?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Hall is the safe choice, but I am going with RNH. I think he breaks out.

Hall should still be the top point getter barring injury.

I see Nuge breaking 60 points for sure and hopefully hitting 70. Just for the record that would be a big break out. Its rare for players to have that big of a jump statistically.

His line mates will relieve some of the pressure he is under both mentally and in physical match ups. But his ice time and PP time will go down a bit as well.

Hall, if healthy, should easily be ppg no matter which line he ends up on really.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Hall should still be the top point getter barring injury.

I see Nuge breaking 60 points for sure and hopefully hitting 70. Just for the record that would be a big break out. Its rare for players to have that big of a jump statistically.

His line mates will relieve some of the pressure he is under both mentally and in physical match ups. But his ice time and PP time will go down a bit as well.

Hall, if healthy, should easily be ppg no matter which line he ends up on really.

I actually question how rare it is for a 22 year old. I am willing to bet it happens all the time. Any way, I call something like

Nuge 80
McDavid 75
Hall 75
Eberle 70

But I get that won't be most people's guess, it is logical to guess Hall.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
I actually question how rare it is for a 22 year old. I am willing to bet it happens all the time. Any way, I call something like

Nuge 80
McDavid 75
Hall 75
Eberle 70

Except Hall stands a greater chance of missing time to injury than anyone else based on past performance. I'd bet on McDavid but I wouldnt be surprised if Eberle took the top spot again.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
ps, Nuge had 17 points in 13 games in March, so I don't see it that far-fetched he wins the scoring title. Eberle had 16 points. He was on fire before he went down.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Eberle or Nuge

I predict both Hall and McJesus get injured

Why would you think Davo gets injured? He played in the O as a 15 year old, 16 year old, 17 year old, and 18 year old, but his only injury in those 4 years was a broken hand from fighting.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Nuge 80
McDavid 75
Hall 75
Eberle 70

Statistically at least you're pushing against the wind with an RNH pick. Having already been in top Oiler point range multiple times Hall and Eberle would have to be the established probably picks. and this new kid McDavid. :D

Wouldn't surprise me if Nuge is 4th. Because its never happened I have a harder time envisioning him getting the most points.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009

Nuge 80
McDavid 75
Hall 75
Eberle 70

When was the last time that 1 team had 4 players with 70 or more points? That's something I don't think we will see happen with the way scoring is going.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Statistically at least you're pushing against the wind with an RNH pick. Having already been in top Oiler point range multiple times Hall and Eberle would have to be the established probably picks. and this new kid McDavid. :D

Wouldn't surprise me if Nuge is 4th. Because its never happened I have a harder time envisioning him getting the most points.

Agreed. McDavid is going to get the easier zone starts with RNH getting tougher zone starts than last year. They won't be using the 4th line like last year with taking on such a huge portion of the D zone starts. On top of that, RNH may lose some PP time with McDavid here now. I'm guessing we see some definite progression of RNH's game, but with the above 2 things, I think he will have a hard time hitting above 70 points.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
When was the last time that 1 team had 4 players with 70 or more points? That's something I don't think we will see happen with the way scoring is going.

First this is the team that could do it, second those prediction are always not accounting for injuries. I don't know why you would predict exactly who gets injured, but for sure one will. I predict they will be on that pace.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Oops, meant to post this on the Oilers board and not the NHL one... Oh well! Two places for this post!

Well, I do think it will be Hall, but I am curious as to how people think all of our players will produce? Looking from last year only, GF can range from 150-260. I'll be optimistic and predict them as a good offensive team and say 235 (would be 9th best if last year)

Hall - 35-45-80
McDavid - 20-50-70
RNH - 20-45-65
Eberle - 25-35-60
Yak - 25-30-55
Draisaitl - 15-40-55
Pouliot - 18-30-48
Lander - 15-30-45
Schultz - 10-26-36
Korpikoski - 15-20-35
Purcell - 13-17-30
Sekera - 5-25-30
Klefbom - 5-25-30
Letestu - 10-15-25
other defensman and forward - 5-15-20

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wouldn't pick Hall just because there's a risk that he's out for at least 10 games. RNH is more durable but I don't believe he's had over 60 points in his career. Eberle is a pretty streaky player...I'll have to go with McDavid on this one.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
I wouldn't pick Hall just because there's a risk that he's out for at least 10 games. RNH is more durable but I don't believe he's had over 60 points in his career. Eberle is a pretty streaky player...I'll have to go with McDavid on this one.

Eberle may be streaky from game to game, but his points/season are pretty consistent.

2014-2015 = 63
2013-2014 = 65
2012-2013 = 37(shortened season, works out to 63 points in 82 games)
2011-2012 = 76
2010-2011 = 43 (rookie season)

Not very streaky in my eyes.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Whomever stays the healthiest over the 82 game schedule will lead the team.

Hall will probably have the highest ppg... but there's a higher than average chance he misses some games... especially now when he'll probably play even more balls out to keep up with McDavid. :)

Eberle plugs along and puts up pts consistently and I think he's a safe bet if he can avoid injury. He's also guaranteed big juicy minutes on the RW and on the PP as I think both Purcell/Yak are a clear cut below on the right side.

RNH will likely have a strong season as McDavid becomes the defacto #1C which should give RNH a little more breathing space as opponents will likely focus their best defense on the Hall/McDavid line (if that combo stays together). Assuming RNH essentially becomes the #2C though... he'll have slightly less juicy minutes and I don't think he'll lead the team in pts.

My pick (by elimination) is Eberle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad