Who is your selection for the "Barry Ashbee Trophy" as team's best defenseman?

Who is your selection for the "Barry Ashbee Trophy" as team's best defenseman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's voted on by the writers. Who don't know anything more than points, minutes, and +/-

Also, that there's no way a guy who got waived could possibly be good.
Like I said, no way the organization would clown on Fletcher like that

Implying yes, the writers are just an extension of the organization. Aka mouthpieces

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I stand by my comments thru the year that I don't trust any of them to play good defense on a nightly basis.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The fact that Provorov has 10 votes sure does back up the claim that it doesn’t matter what he does on the ice, he’ll get praise no matter what, just based on reputation alone.

More votes than BDB and Sanheim? Insanity.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The fact that Provorov has 10 votes sure does back up the claim that it doesn’t matter what he does on the ice, he’ll get praise no matter what, just based on reputation alone.

More votes than BDB and Sanheim? Insanity.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in HF polls generally, but it's nice to see that most of the people on these boards can appreciate and be honest about our best defender.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Being the best D on this team? I'd agree.

Getting people around here to admit it? That's an accomplishment.

To be serious for a second, Ghost and Sanheim outplaying the others isn't much of an accomplishment because everyone else has been varying levels of trash.

However, the fact that they've been as good as they have been in both eye test and statistics, while taking into account the problems on the team around them and the trash they've had to carry all year, actually is impressive. Being statistically positive when the team as a whole is statistically negative is pretty good, especially when you're both being screwed with all year long by the coaches.

They both deserve praise for their play this year, although I'd be shocked to see them get it.

Reactions: Starat327

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
To be serious for a second, Ghost and Sanheim outplaying the others isn't much of an accomplishment because everyone else has been varying levels of trash.
Not to beat a dead horse here but when the entire defense plays like dog ****, it means either they are all bad or the schemes that they are being asked to play is dog ****. My call is that it is the latter.
Whoever is drawing this up and utilizing has to go. Boston has a pretty young defense but Cassidy has developed a system of play that utilizes his player’s strengths and minimizes their deficiencies. Maybe in the AV/Yeo world, young d-men doesn’t work. However the assumption that young defenseman have to suck is false.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad