Who is your favorite fighter and why?

scott4683

May 9, 2009
canada
I liked Darren Langdon.. He was one of the best second half fighters ever i think. He is still playing today with the Deer Lake Redwings in the West Coast Senior Hockey League in Newfoundland. and he can still fight

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Cote, Gratton, Lucic, Bonvie Mirasty, Rypien, annnnnnnnnnnd Carcillo!

Allll time probs Anglestad or Proby

There you go!

Bonvie was not only a fighter that would take on anyone, but he was also the greatest entertainer in hockey. He talked constantly to opponents, officials, teammates, fans. He always came out of the room last for warmups and the game and usually really late on the road so the fans weren't sure if he was dressed. And of course so he could get his chorus of boos with the spotlight completely on him. What a character.

Cairbre

Nov 7, 2009
Little Italy
Eric Godard.

HM:Orr

And he always wears some ridiculous suit to the game as well.
3375191760_26ecba9999.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Currently: Paul Bissonnette because he plays for my team, and he is absolutely hilarious.

All-time: Brad May and Rick Tocchet(my favorite player of all-time).

JCameron418

Oct 6, 2009
Hextall... wait does he count?

I also loved whenever Downie would fight when he was on the Flyers. I seem to remember watching a game when he was laughing in the face of the guy who was punching him. Crazy kid.

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Right now, I love Rypien, and I've always admired Tootoo. Rypien, IMO, is so much more technical than what you usually see in a hockey fight. Tootoo is just a bad little ******* and he's not going to fight by any code, he's not going to fight you fair, he's dropping the gloves and has every intention of kicking your ass. You have to remember, the whole supposed purpose of fighting in the game is to motivate or deflate crowd, pump up your team, and change momentum. Nobody does that quite as well as a smaller, underdog type knocking the stuffing out of your supposed tough guy. PJ Stock, I think was one of the best at that. He was too small to be fighting real heavies and he did it with pure heart. I think Cam Janssen does a good job too, with his Hulk Hogan routine. Colton Orr was tough to see leave us. I always liked him. All time, I think Probert just played the villain role so well. I also loved watching John Kordic and Jay Miller fight each other. My all time favorite player is Wendel Clark, who was a nasty SOB. Oh yeah, I also loved Basil McRae. Once you got into it with that guy, he just kept coming back for more. And I've never seen a guy get punched in the face more and keep taking it than Riley Cote. Poor ******* is going to look like the elephant man by the time he retires.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I like a lot of the smaller fighters including Carcillo, Asham, Janssen, Rypien, Tootoo etc because the the fights are usually a lot more entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad