Who is your favorite fighter and why?

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
From a pure goon standpoint, I always liked Brashear. He can still move the puck around and get some decent chances on a 4th line. The fact that he is still around today means a lot too.

From a energy guy, I really like Asham. He will always give you a run for your money and can bring the heat. He is also a super nice guy and has a very powerful slap shot. Clarkson is also getting to me since he is on the Devils.

Funny how I am a Devils fan and my two favorite fighters are on Philly and NYR. :laugh:

Who is your favorite fighter?

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
From the past I have to got with Stan Jonathan.

The guy was a little warrior, for his size, he could go with anyone in the league.

As of right now... I like Tootoo, Neil, Thornton, Orr, and Hordichuk (I remember him from his days with the Springfield Falcons).

CCMV

Fighting Aficionado
Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
All-time: Bob Probert. Just the way he played, if you touched a skilled player on the Red Wings, then he would come after you. If he lost a fight, he would return in a later game and win.

Other all time favorites include: Dan Kordic, Ryan VandenBussche (would fight anyone at any time no matter size), Reid Simpson, Stu Grimson and Dave Brown.

Right now I like Colton Orr and Eric Godard.

kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa

Dec 18, 2008
Vancouver
Now, I love watching Rick Rypien and Kevin Bieksa (doesn't seem to fight that often now) from the Canucks.

I don't really have an all-time favorite. Mostly cause I didn't really pay attention to that part of the game until post-lockout.

Espen

Nov 16, 2008
My fav is Laraque. He's a great guy off ice also. I wonders if he practices more boxing than hockey, haha.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Favorite fighter all time: Brad May. In his Buffalo days the guy was a maniac, loved the happy feet he'd have going as he squared off with each guy. Even at 38, he's still going and hanging with some pretty tough guys. Never backed down from a bigger opponent(has tangled with guys like Laraques, Boogaard, Worrell--yes he lost, but that's not the point). Absolutely fearless dude, and a fantastic guy off the ice. My favorite.

Rick Rypien is quickly earning a place in my books too, one of the toughest Canucks I've ever seen play.(was born in 1984, so missed some of the classics like Williams and Fraser, but did see Odjick and Brashear and the like). He's got a great blend of skill and ability.

~Canucklehead~

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nicky Fotiu and Georges Laraque.

I always enjoyed watching Steve Peat in Washington. Not sure why though, heh.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Right now I like Colton Orr and Eric Godard.

Even better...those two scrapping is always fun to watch. ;) :nod:

In terms of my favourite I gotta go with my homeboy Godard. He really seems to be a great guy both on the ice and off, he isn't afraid to stand up for his teammates, and most importantly he can dish out the pain, as well as take it.

Plus those haymakers he can throw....ouch. :help: :laugh:

Personally I feel he fits the role of enforcer on the Penguins much better than BGL did. BGL seemed lazy to me, it seemed he only faught when he really wanted to. Godard however isn't afraid to get right in there at anytime it seems like.

Bri

Jul 13, 2005
Terry O'Reilly, Lyndon Byers, Jay Miller and PJ Stock.

LB and Stock being my favorites....

I'm a Bruins guy, so my favorite non-Bruin fighter would probably be Kocur or Probert.

Stock was so entertaining and would never quit...little guy, huge heart.

(Neely would obviously make the list but I don't consider him a fighter...that is that fighting/enforcing wasn't one of his primary roles.)

Tealblood

Jun 22, 2008
Northern California
Rivet, douglas murray, staubitz had one amazing one where he bloodied tootoo lol, but otherwise I don't like him much.

Out of the pure goon group...probably boogy or laraque.

El Duderino

Aug 4, 2007
BC
Rick Rypien is one badass mother****er. He only weighs 10 pounds more than me, but is able to fight some huge guys (and win most of the time!) He's definitely got courage.

hockeycore

Jul 3, 2009
have to say eric godard as when he was a flame, he beat the hell out of boogard.

out of pure bad assness, I've never seen a better goon resume than that of Brian Macgrattan who is a recovering alcoholic and come from a lineage of ontario steel workers. Plus he gets points from his quote a while back stating he wants to lead the league in fighting majors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad