Who is worse?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Carle is worse money wise but I can't think of a game where Sustr surprised me with how good he was. Even Carle has had good, quiet nights here and there.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Voted Giraffe because there's not a single pairing that he hasn't been able to drag down. Traffic Cone just sucks by himself. He doesn't infect everyone else he plays with.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Giraffe. Can anybody name anything he does well? I've seen him a lot tonight and every single time he's ****ing up.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
Sustr AINEC he's so goddamn terrible it's painful watching that clown play. 0 NHL caliber skill and dosent move his feet constantly outmuscled and worked. If Carle had a better contract he'd be tolerable.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Carle is slightly better than Sustr, but Carle makes like 4 times the money. I'll take Sustr any day over Carle and a cardboard cutout of 70 year old Leonard Nimoy over either of them.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I became depressed trying to think who is worse. Thinking about their flaws and then realizing they both play about 16-18 minutes every night does that. Thank god Coop has started to healthy scratch them.

But, I voted for the Giraffe. Like Hoek said, Carle atleast surprises you with an occasional good night.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
Both probably shouldn't be in the NHL at this point. But I'll say Carle, because of his salary. Having them on the roster is hindering this team from unlocking its true potential, and that makes me :cry:.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Carle actually stepped up last game (not tonights) and did a few impressive things. He's not a fit for THIS team, but he definitely has a few more years of NHL level play in him.

Just not for $5.5M a year...

He needs a guy like Hedman on his wing that will make his mistakes "hidden" so to speak and allow him to look better by association.

The giraffe.... The giraffe is a freakin giraffe, nuff said...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Carle actually stepped up last game (not tonights) and did a few impressive things. He's not a fit for THIS team, but he definitely has a few more years of NHL level play in him.

Just not for $5.5M a year...

He needs a guy like Hedman on his wing that will make his mistakes "hidden" so to speak and allow him to look better by association.

The giraffe.... The giraffe is a freakin giraffe, nuff said...

Carle has decent moments, he'll do some stupid **** at times but he can play in the NHL, I truly believe we're only playing Sustr so much because we've already invested so much time in him, pretty much a sunk cost right now.

I think we'd have a better chance of getting something for Carle than Sustr.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Carle. He makes more than Hedman. Think about that. (I know Heddy is up for a big pay day but still) Carle is bad, and needs to go so we can have that money back. That money pays for Stamkos with hopefully a little bit of change left over

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'm voting Carlo. One's a young fella trying to find his place in this league, the other is the highest paid defenseman on the team who's supposed to lead by example, showing his experience and chip in offensively. Instead he's a liability on the 3rd pairing or a healthy scratch like last night.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I voted Sustr based on play, but for the team as a whole Carle is worse. His contract is an albatross. I'll be very surprised if we keep Sustr past this contract. He's just not developing like they'd hoped (physically or otherwise).

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
It's like a reverse Sophie's choice.

I voted Sustr based on play, but for the team as a whole Carle is worse. His contract is an albatross. I'll be very surprised if we keep Sustr past this contract. He's just not developing like they'd hoped (physically or otherwise).

This is pretty much the answer.
Sustr is worse but if it came down to getting rid of one over the other Caryle and his contract would be the guy I'd like to see gone.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
after last nights play nestea atrocious coburn bad sustr worse

i am seriously happy that the team is keeping carle for the cup run right now

i hate carle and that contract but he is sooooooo much better then sustr on the ice is no comparison

am hoping for slater and nestea to get big minutes improve and take sustr and carles spots but last night left a ton to be desired i dont even have words of the disgust i felt to be honest was not even going to talk into the daily stuff on this till nestea got sent down i was that frustrated honestly

carle is ok coburn is ok sustr just is bad last night nestea was bad bad bad so having a guy who has been in league forever is safe for now

yes i want carle moved just unsure how wise that is till we fight for the cup think we need to probably keep the man this full season and then sell for anything we can get even keep some money to move him after this year

i want a legit cup shot and carle right now is the better option for that unfortunately cause his contract is definitely an albatross or hinderance moving forward

so on ths same page guys just im ok if we keep carle if slater and nestea need more time we have a cup team imho but gonna need everyone even carle for that and sustr just gets worse and worse smdh

DenverBoone

Oct 5, 2008
Carle is the guy everybody hates but then misses when he's out. It was the same way in Philly. Wierd

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Carle is the guy everybody hates but then misses when he's out. It was the same way in Philly. Wierd

He was out last night and we didn't miss him at all. Nesterov had a horrible game and we still consider it an improvement because Nesterov is still developing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad