Who is this team's best player?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Well there's no poll, but I'll say this:

I honestly can't choose between Benn or Seguin. Benn brings so much to the table, but Seguin has elite game breaking potential, and it's looking like he's getting there. If I could only keep one, I'd probably pick Seguin.

Edit: Poll is up now
Edit 2.0: Where is Goligoski on the poll? :sarcasm:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Talent wise, it's by far Tyler Seguin.

Jamie is a more well rounded player (imo) and so far, the bigger the stage the bigger he performs. He's just been lights out whenever we've needed him to be.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Talent wise, it's by far Tyler Seguin.

Jamie is a more well rounded player (imo) and so far, the bigger the stage the bigger he performs. He's just been lights out whenever we've needed him to be.

This is exactly what I was thinking but couldn't put into word and the reason I picked Chubbs.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Gotta go with Benn, for reasons previously stated. Tough call though, since Seguin can elevate his offensive game to a higher level when he's firing on all cylinders.

Of course....even with the two of them, we'd be on the outside looking in if it wasn't for Kari. But you could probably say that for any starter.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I choose Seguin but my opinion changes every few days. But I did settle with Seguin because he has IMO been more consistent this season. But then when Benn shows up (usually when it matters the most) he REALLY does show up.

I would rather have a "can't choose" option available. :laugh:

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
It's clearly Goligoski.

Went with Seguin. His ceiling is realllllllyyyyy high, and he's already starting to show that he belongs among names like Tavares and Toews.

Benn is really great, but Seguin is literally a threat anywhere on the ice.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Benn. Doesn't score hat tricks and less 4-5 point games. That alone makes him better than Seguin. Seriously though, I did vote Benn.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I choose Seguin but my opinion changes every few days. But I did settle with Seguin because he has IMO been more consistent this season. But then when Benn shows up (usually when it matters the most) he REALLY does show up.

I would rather have a "can't choose" option available. :laugh:

I'd say it's quite the opposite, honestly.

Went with Kari. No one has an impact on this team like he does. He's probably the most purely talented player we have (at his position, at least) and he uses it. The team just seems to do worse without Kari than without Benn in the small samples where that's been the case.

MetalGodAOD*

Depends. Now? Probably Benn. Overall? IMO Seguin. Benn is putting it all together this year but he's 2 years older than Seguin. Seguin's doing things at 21/22 well beyond Jamie at that time.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Benn at the moment, but Seguin is more offensively dynamic and has a higher ceiling.

I went with Benn. For many of the reasons stated above but would add that while Seguin is perhaps more talented, Benn just has will and he seems to bring the team with him. I think Benn's strength also makes it harder to take him out of the game. So while Seguin's upside is higher, Benn is more able to dictate his game overall. Meh. Kind of botched it, but something like that.

aloonda*

goalies are in their own club

benn is the best player
seguin has the most talent

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I didn't really want to choose...

I love Kari.. He has stolen many games for us. I don't really class him with the skaters though, so I ignored him as an option.

Flipped a coin, Benn won the toss.

brinkmanjs

May 29, 2013
Central Texas
Really glad we have all 3:handclap:

They have all taken over games this year.

I really believe Segs has Modano like potential. FO's a weakness. Only time will tell.

Benn is complete player. Plays Wing or Center, skates, shoots really well, fights and his defense is coming along. (got my vote)

Kari has stood on his head several times this season alone, stealing games we clearly should've lost.

Love this team!!!

Keep rolling!!!

Last edited:

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Benn

I think he does more than Seguin and he could carry a line more than Seguin. Both are great though.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Clearly kari. Team was abysmal in his absence earlier this season.

Skaters:benn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad