Who is this season’s MVP?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's a tough one.

I could see arguments for Jenner, Laine, Bjorkstrand, Voracek, Werenski, and Gavrikov.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
It's a tough one.

I could see arguments for Jenner, Laine, Bjorkstrand, Voracek, Werenski, and Gavrikov.
You are correct
For me Jenner and Laine have both missed a lot of times, through no fault of their own

i have really been impressed how Kuraly is so dependable
as they said on the pregame show Lars puts players on Sean’s line to get them going
Thus my choice but I am interested in hearing other points of view

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You are correct
For me Jenner and Laine have both missed a lot of times, through no fault of their own

i have really been impressed how Kuraly is so dependable
as they said on the pregame show Lars puts players on Sean’s line to get them going
Thus my choice but I am interested in hearing other points of view

Kuraly had a stretch in the middle of the year where I could buy that he was one of the best players on the team. But lately I think he's fallen back to earth and hasn't been very effective.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Jenner has been a leader with the C and a leader in scoring scoring. He’s played a line higher than he should but has done so admirably. Werenski and Laine HMs.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Laine & Jenner (and Werenski) for me, maybe highlighed by their absence how important they've been for this team this season. Having a career year while stepping up to be the captain and #1C and doing a pretty good job of it might tip the scales towards Jenner, especially since Laine missed so many games it would be a bit hard to pick him, though I think he was the biggest reason they managed to make some kind of push for the playoffs at all in the end. Besides those two, and Werenski whose season is lacking some x factor to be a strong contender, I really don't see a strong case for anyone else personally. Voracek has been important and I think having him around, that level of playmaking skill has to be contagious, but don't see him as MVP.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Laine had great 2 month but he isn`t ideal now besides he didn`t play the whole season.
My candidates:
Jenner, Nyquist, Bjorkstrand and Werenski

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
Laine had great 2 month but he isn`t ideal now besides he didn`t play the whole season.
My candidates:
Jenner, Nyquist, Bjorkstrand and Werenski
Bjork has been abysmal this year in my opinion. Or at least I expected more.

Jenner would be my pick.

Reactions: Dumais

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Jenner would be my pick.
I like Borkie so maybe because of it he`s in my list. ;)
I think Werenski is very important too. Play with him and without him are two different things.

Reactions: 6zag

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
There are several guys who have been equally valuable. I can’t pick one guy. That said, Voracek brought a new attitude to this team. I like how he seems to be willing to teach and work with the younger guys. His ability to dissect plays is impressive.

Reactions: Monk

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
If we're talking about their value for this season, I think we have to look at Jenner, Kuraly, or maybe Zach.

But I have an outsider's suspicion that Jake Voracek's professionalism will have an impact on all the youngsters and may bear a great deal of fruit in future seasons. I can't point to anything specific here, only those "in the room" will know for sure. But I think he's been a big piece of the new culture this team seems to be building.

They've gone from a team that could be counted on to fold to one that keeps pushing hard to the end. Coaching has to be a part of that, but I think veteran leadership is a big piece of it, too.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Jarmo and JD are the obvious choices.
For how much talent they collected and still managed the NHL salary cap they should have statues built.

Reactions: VT

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Jenner would be my pick.
Agree on Jenner as I previously posted. But to call Bjorkstrand abysmal this year is a bot over the top. He’s basically tied for the team lead in points and goals while sitting career highs for each. His +/- is poor and it’s not been a great year in his own zone, but that’s a statistical measure that‘s not a great measure.

Reactions: majormajor

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Laine. No doubt. He is best offensive player what CBJ has ever had with Nash and Panarin. And CBJ gets much more screentime in different social media channel sometimew cause his outfit or things he say or just hattrick. Rest of top 5 Jenner, Voracek, Sillinger, Boqvist

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Agree on Jenner as I previously posted. But to call Bjorkstrand abysmal this year is a bot over the top. He’s basically tied for the team lead in points and goals while sitting career highs for each. His +/- is poor and it’s not been a great year in his own zone, but that’s a statistical measure that‘s not a great measure.

Regarding the +/-, he just got PDO'ed - the underlying results for Bjorkstrand are still strong. Still good defense. That's from what I can see on naturalstattrick, Bjorkstrand still has the best xG% on the team.

I believe someone shared on here that he was worth $8.2m per some analyst? Does anyone remember that? I don't know what that was based on or if they have other numbers available for our team.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Laine. No doubt. He is best offensive player what CBJ has ever had with Nash and Panarin. And CBJ gets much more screentime in different social media channel sometimew cause his outfit or things he say or just hattrick. Rest of top 5 Jenner, Voracek, Sillinger, Boqvist

I think if you can get over giving a guy an MVP for two months, then yes you definitely give it to Laine.

I'm going to call BS on Sillinger and Boqvist though. Those are not our best players yet, not even close.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Jenner for me this season. He was healthy for the good part of the season and in his absence there's not enough talent to play with Laine to get more out of him.

Laine mid season when he had Jenner to play with was a beast and easily the best individual player in that sense but Jenner had more impact this season.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I don't know yet. It seems there are several candidates.

But more importantly, I will use this thread as a chance to repeat my concerns about some players and say that I truly hope Bean, Boqvist and Sillinger will all have MVP worthy off-seasons this summer, working on the things they most need to improve at.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
My MVP would be Voracek. If he doesn't come in with a great attitude and great play, who knows what kind of conversation we're having about Laine and the rest of the team right now.

Jenner is a close second for me.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Regarding the +/-, he just got PDO'ed - the underlying results for Bjorkstrand are still strong. Still good defense. That's from what I can see on naturalstattrick, Bjorkstrand still has the best xG% on the team.

I believe someone shared on here that he was worth $8.2m per some analyst? Does anyone remember that? I don't know what that was based on or if they have other numbers available for our team.
03C59AFE-5BC4-4FA3-AAFD-6C124889BF24.png

Maybe this from Dom at The Athletic?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I try to think who we would miss the most on a consistent basis and for met that would be Jenner. Prior to injury he was a key to every situation pretty much every night. His productivity was way up and he made Laine and Voracek even better. I'd follow Jenner with the other two. Laine's hot streak didn't matter who he played with but the losing was really bad after Jenner went down and also when Laine was out. Tough call because I think several players were better than expected this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes