Who is the Penguins best PK'er (Offense and Defense)

LGP6687

Apr 3, 2013
The best PK is to not take a penalty to begin with! That worked well during the win streak!

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
On a game-to-game basis, it's probably Dupuis. But if we were up a goal with 5 minutes left in a game 7, I might have Adams out there before anyone else. That guy would dive in front of a train if it meant preventing a shot on net.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Crosby. I understand he isn't out there a whole lot but when the puck is on his stick look out. He'll rag it up into their zone then throw the puck back to the D and blow 25 seconds off the clock. Plus he's good on the defensive faceoffs.

Of the listed candidates, I'd say Duper though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This year it's Dupers. Cooke any other year. Until last game, he was just okay on the PK. Then the game he took over he showed why he was #1 for so long.

I'd say overall:
1) Dupers/Cooke
2) Sutter
3) ______________
4) Adams (dropped off considerably)
5) ____________
6)_____________
1049201401) Glass

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Dupuis, I think Martin's the most consistent PK dman though Orpik might be the best when he's on his game.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Has he historically played PK as well?

He's been one of Carolina's PK guys every year. They've never really had a good PK as a team in that time so I don't know if he's actually any good at it, but he does it :laugh: I'm just looking at his ToI and the team's PK%

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
mathematically, I believe it's Mark Eaton. If you look at PK numbers with Mark Eaton vs PK numbers sans Mark Eaton, it's like bottom-5 PK vs top-5 PK. Therefore I voted Mark Eaton.

Note: I hate Mark Eaton.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
mathematically, I believe it's Mark Eaton. If you look at PK numbers with Mark Eaton vs PK numbers sans Mark Eaton, it's like bottom-5 PK vs top-5 PK. Therefore I voted Mark Eaton.

Note: I hate Mark Eaton.

If you look at wins and losses, Mark Eaton is by far our best player. We are like 12-1 with Eaton in the line-up. Dude's a beast.

seriously, he's a pretty solid PK guy. He also just so happened to show up when we switched our PK strategy back to one that doesn't suck.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Joe Vitale.

He is the best at everything.

Cereally, Joe Victory needs to start getting PK time. Glass blows and brings nothing to the team otherwise. Joe Victory brings more speed, grit, tenacity, face-offs, but he doesn't penalty-kil....yet. He has to start. If he's not a full-time PKer next season I'm going to freak the F. O.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Cereally, Joe Victory needs to start getting PK time. Glass blows and brings nothing to the team otherwise. Joe Victory brings more speed, grit, tenacity, face-offs, but he doesn't penalty-kil....yet. He has to start. If he's not a full-time PKer next season I'm going to freak the F. O.

agreed. No clue why he wasn't eased into PK duty from the start of the year. Especially when we are putting units out there without an actual center. Sutter and Sid are our only PK centers. It really doesn't make sense to me.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Orpik is the Pens best penalty killer every time he sends himself to the box.

nTsplnk*

Interesting Sutter didn't get a single vote.

Curious as to what you guys think of him now that we've had a number of games under our belt.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Interesting Sutter didn't get a single vote.

Curious as to what you guys think of him now that we've had a number of games under our belt.

I like him a lot. I just think Cooke and Dupuis are really good penalty killers.

with faceoffs factored in, Sutter really probably is our most valuable penalty killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad