Speculation: Who is the Next Coach of the Leafs?

Who is the Next Coach of the Leafs

• Sheldon Keefe (15 year HoF Career in Toronto)

• Barry Trotz

• Mike Babcock

• Coach Q

• Andrew Brunette

• Interm Coach

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Voted for Coach Q, not because I think Keefe will be let go, but if he is, Q is who I want behind our bench. Shit would get real pretty quick.

Reactions: Eye Test

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm ok with someone like Trotz deciding on which players to target but someone else should be building up the actual liquid value for acquiring those players and running the program. A coach + GM role would end up losing value going after "his guys" unless someone makes a pipeline/cap framework for him to work in.
Definitely. Runs the risk of the individual spreading himself too thin by having to do both roles concurrently. There are enough qualified candidates around to not have to attempt that.

Last edited:

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
At this point is there anyone(other than Dubas) who doesn't want Keefe replaced?

I don't want to replace the coach with anything but an interim coach if a change is going to happen. It makes no sense to hand out a multi-year deal to a big name or upcoming coach only to have a new GM come in and want to change the coach again. I'm also not sure if any such coach would take the job given the uncertainty in the GM spot. (Well, they would given a sufficiently large contract, but then cycle back a sentence or two).

I think it's too soon anyway. Let's see what this next stretch of games bring.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
If they fire Keefe, they are just ignoring the actual problem. If Dubas won't fix the construction, find someone who will. I say that as a Dubas supporter but this core can't get it done

The blame on Keefe is misguided. They are already said it's Babcock's fault and they were right, but you can't blame Keefe the coach they wanted. Time to look at players and GM if he won't fix it
Glad you are coming around. I like Dubas for a lot of things too but he needs to adjust his vision since it’s not working. We need some heart on this team and adjust our style of play. Having 9 “hits” in a game is a joke.

Paying Tavares 11M at 22 mins a night while trying to push a pure speed/skill game just won’t work. If Tavares was making 2 mil at 3C it wouldn’t be so bad and that style of hockey might work even though less complicated styles allow players to react quicker on instinct instead of thinking of what they should do taking that split second to long.

Our bottom six shouldn’t be playing the same style of game as our top six when they aren’t skilled enough. I am actually fine with Keefe but things need to change, however, I have no hope they will change anything so I will vote for trotz.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Shanny himself. He created this shit show. Let him wallow in this steamy pile of crap for a while as well, instead of hiding in his office.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Q might not see an NHL job ever again. Would be a bad look on the league. Same as how Bettman vetoed the Mitch Miller signing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad