Player Discussion: Who is the New York Islanders #7 prospect?

Who is the New York Islanders #7 prospect?

• Total voters

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Vote and/or discuss. Added Samuel Bolduc. Suggest 1 player to add to next poll (no Dal Colle or Ho Sang).

Results
1. Noah Dobson
2. Ilya Sorokin
3. Oliver Wahlstrom
4. Bode Wilde
5. Kieffer Bellows
6. Otto Koivula

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
How in the world is Aho being passed up at this point?
Although more NHL ready, Aho's upside seems limited. Reminds me of Campoli. Ready faster than most, but was always going to be a bottom dweller...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Although more NHL ready, Aho's upside seems limited. Reminds me of Campoli. Ready faster than most, but was always going to be a bottom dweller...

I tend to rank guys who are closer to making it higher than those that are years and years away. Koivula had a great season last year, but he's still a candidate to never make the NHL. I don't feel the same way about Aho, who will most certainly get some more games in. Holmstrom is just too far away for me.

Reactions: nyisles1992

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I tend to rank guys who are closer to making it higher than those that are years and years away. Koivula had a great season last year, but he's still a candidate to never make the NHL. I don't feel the same way about Aho, who will most certainly get some more games in. Holmstrom is just too far away for me.
For me, Koivula has the ability to make more of an immediate impact. For now, there's simply nowhere for Aho to go. And if there is, its as a #7 Dman.

Koivula is 2.5 years younger too. There's a lot more upside there. Even if he doesn't make the NHL this year and is consideration in 2020, that's a full year + ahead of where Aho is now.

Reactions: dood

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I went Aho here but Ishakov will be an interesting guy to watch now that he has a year of NA hockey under his belt. Would love to see the kid's game explode and put himself in line for the AHL in '20-'21.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Bellows? Draft position. He has been disappointing so far. Not sure why he is number 5. Care to elaborate? :)

Someone was wondering why Aho hasn't been picked yet and another's reply was "shiny new things." My reply to that is that Bellows and Koivula are not shiny new things. Someone like Homstrom would be.

As for Bellows the player...I don't think he is a future NHLer. I hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
As for Bellows the player...I don't think he is a future NHLer. I hope he proves me wrong.
I think he has a future as a grinder. Not exactly what we all hoped for of course, but he has some jam to his game that should eventually get him to the show. I think Koivula has surpassed him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad