Player Discussion: Who is the New York Islanders #5 prospect?

Who is the New York Islanders #5 prospect?

• Total voters

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The top-4 are correct and really the only ones I'm sure will be NHLers (assuming Sorokin comes over).

Starting with #5 there are no guarantees...Although I have Holmstrom here.

Reactions: SI90

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
This is why ranked preference voting is best. Koivula and Aho are splitting the vote. Bellows is, at best, 9 or 10 on this list. (I voted Koivula, but would far prefer Aho 4/Koivula 5 to Bellows 4/anything.)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I was leaning Holmstrom but went Aho. He's been in the show, AHL all star. He's missing out on NHL action this start of the season due to a tremendous and deep corps.

Reactions: MJF

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
just curious looking at this poll...what do you guys expect out of bellows? where do you think he will eventually be in a year or two? nhl or ahl? which line?

to me he looks like MDC pt II so far that might be able to play third line because he has some toughness imo.

after we are done can we do a head to head with the last two standing on this one?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
just curious looking at this poll...what do you guys expect out of bellows? where do you think he will eventually be in a year or two? nhl or ahl? which line?

to me he looks like MDC pt II so far that might be able to play third line because he has some toughness imo.

after we are done can we do a head to head with the last two standing on this one?
I just want him to carve out a middle six position, he can definitely be a powerplay threat too.

Reactions: dood

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I voted Bellows because I’m so much more familiar with him but I feel like it could easily be Holmstrom. I’m such a draft and junior hockey nut but my one weakness is the European players outside of international tournaments.

Add Skarek

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm leaning toward Robin Figren. Surely he must be ready by now .
As a 30 year old I bet he made a big impression on our recent #1 draft pick. He is most well know for being the guy selected before Marchand. I guess that's better than being Dimitri Chernykh.

Sebastian Aho is next . Add Otto

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
All 4 choices are very close for me, but I think Bellows is going to be the best of the bunch. Add Jenkins. Like what he did last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad