Player Discussion: Who is the New York Islanders #1 prospect?

Who is the New York Islanders #1 prospect?

• Oliver Wahlstrom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post who)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Dobson's performance so far, and Sorokin's still somewhat uncertain status, makes this an easy selection. IF Sorokin were definitely coming to the States with a commitment, it would make this more interesting. That said, I would still give Dobson the nod!

Add Bode Wilde

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I voted for Bigfoot (Sorokin), but his shots against is troubling. Only averages 18 shots against a game. You better be posting a .930 with them numbers. Not to mention he's on an absolutely stacked team.
40 games played and less than 800 shots faced. Lehner only played 6 more and faced almost double that

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Feeling like Sorokin and Dobson are equal, but give the nod to Dobson, as he seems more motivated to join the club.

Add Bellows. I think he surprises this year, and gets a few games with the big boys.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Dobson and Sorokin are about equal to me but Sorokins uncertainty and Dobsons Junior success put him over the edge.

Bothers me to have the number one prospect as a white whale of sorts. I'm very certain Lou will get him over but until he's here..

Dobson winning two memorial cups is insane. His role on both was so large that I just have a lot of confidence in him. I really believe that he is going to be our Pietrangelo. We had Tavares so I never put up high expectations on Barzal simply because I didn't have to, with Dobson he's the highest expectations prospect since Judas. I really expect great things, I think he's the guy that we win the cup with.

Having him, Toews and Pulock should have us in elite category shortly.

Reactions: BTrotts19

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Hector Marini, His 3rd year at Sudbery was pretty darn good. Just gets the nod over Dobson.

Blast from the past!

That dude FELL OFF THE PLANET!

Had 13 points in 30 games for the Isles, then 45 the next season with New Jersey.

It was downhill from there.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Blast from the past!

Had 13 points in 30 games for the Isles, then 45 the next season with New Jersey.

Marini was a 4th line enforcer/grinder in the NHL. Any offense he contributed was a bonus.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I really want to see Dobson dominate and force the organizations hand. He has ZILCH to prove in the CHL and is unlikely to fill out his frame there due to the volume of games and fact he will average 30:00 TOI.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Blast from the past!

Hector Marini seemed like a great prospect until he got hooked on an early beta version of Fortnite and that was pretty much the end of his career....

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: mm11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad