Who is the most overrated player on our roster?

DaGoose

Jul 22, 2015
It has to be Kronwall IMO. He shows up for a huge ass hit every once in a while. What does he offer other than the big hit? He shouldn't have been suspended for game 7 against the Bolts. Quincey and Smith are an easy answer. Our defense is awful.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If he doesn't offer anything, his suspension for Game 7 shouldn't have mattered. I don't think there's any way in which he's the most overrated player.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If he doesn't offer anything, his suspension for Game 7 shouldn't have mattered. I don't think there's any way in which he's the most overrated player.

Our offense did disappear totally (in that game 7) without Kronwall on the roster. He is on the TOP3 of most important players and plays with a lower caphit than his real level is.

With those factors, imo, he's probably underrated.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Cleary. I don't understand what it is about him that turns otherwise lucid human beings on this board into the equivalent of a pre-teen girl talking about Justin Bieber.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
I know he hasn't played a game yet but probably Green. I think people's expectations are way too high. Nyquist to a certain extent too.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Overrated by whom? NHL fans or Wings' fans?

Among NHL Fans: Don't think there's any overrated players on the Wings really.

Among Wings' fans: This is probably an unpopular opinion, but Mrazek. I still think the guy has a lot to prove before he's the clear starter.

And as a side note, Kronwall is definitely not overrated -- if anything, he's underrated, both in terms of the entire league and the fan base. I'd go as far to say that he's arguably the most indispensable player on the roster in fact.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Unpopular opinion but Z fast getting up there unless he severely he turns around his second half the season form from last year.

How? Most people recognize that he had a terrible second half to the year, so not sure how he's overrated around here. You would think he didn't score 66 points last year with the way some people talk about him. Still very respectable production.

And Kronwall?? :laugh: I cringe to think about what our defense would look like without him.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Front Office: Cleary, Glenden

Fans: Quincey/Mrazek (though big fan of him) and/or maybe Danny D?

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
I would probably have to say Kronwall as well. I don't think he's terrible by any means, but definitely overrated by some of our own and other fans. He doesn't deliver the same hits as he used to but can still produce offensively and isn't a liability on the back end. Which is saying a lot for our blue line

You can't really say Z or Pav because they don't deserve the ranks of being overrated. I could see someone trying to make a case against Nyquist or Tatar, but I don't think I would agree

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Unpopular opinion but Z fast getting up there unless he severely he turns around his second half the season form from last year.

That was the only time we've seen him play that poorly though. Every player no matter how good or bad is going to have a bad season/long stretch. He had his last year. Hopefully it's behind him now

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dekeyser, only because some people take it way too far with him on here IMO.

And hell, based on some of the recent comments I've seen on here, Kronwall is underrated, more than anything.

I've also never understood the weird cult-like following Drew Miller has. He's a super replaceable player but gets hyped up something fierce.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know he hasn't played a game yet but probably Green. I think people's expectations are way too high. Nyquist to a certain extent too.

In what way do you think people's expectations are too high for Green?

I'm assuming defensively? Because he is going to produce a lot of offense here.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Stone Hands Luke.

I like him a lot. And he's grown on me. But I still think he's nothing more than a solid 4th line center,pest and good pk'er with severely limited offense.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
In what way do you think people's expectations are too high for Green?

I'm assuming defensively? Because he is going to produce a lot of offense here.

Im expecting 40/50 points. And that is what should be expected from him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Dekeyser, only because some people take it way too far with him on here IMO.

And hell, based on some of the recent comments I've seen on here, Kronwall us underrated, if anything.

I've also never understood the weird cult-like following Drew Miller has. He's a super replaceable player but gets hyped up something fierce.

He's my pick. Fourth line, PK guy. It's not a bad thing, but it's nothing special.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Stone Hands Luke.

I like him a lot. And he's grown on me. But I still think he's nothing more than a solid 4th line center,pest and good pk'er with severely limited offense.

Sure, but, is there anyone that thinks he's anything more than that?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I don't think that Pulkkinen will be nearly as good in the NHL as most are expecting.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
DeKeyser is one of my favorite Wings, but I don't think he has the #1 upside that some seem to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad