Who is the Leafs Smartest Player?

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I get why people slag Clarkson but Clarkson the man is a very easy guy to like. He's easily the most charitable player on the team. I could see him do something like coach disabled players or something of that nature.

Also people forget that he was given up on in the OHL and not even drafted in the NHL and still made it; you don't do that on skills alone.

this is the issue, he is a hard working player without NHL level skill. He was able to overcome his shortcomings with grit/determination but his skill is still capped out. This is part of why I don't think Clarkson turns it around next year, he is already working his ass off.

Durkin67

I wanted to vote Bolland, for obvious reasons, but, for even more obvious reasons, that's not an option. In lieu of this I choose Bozak, who, as an Undrafted college player, has turned a decent but not brilliant career into one that will be worth tens of millions of dollars, centering one of the best tandems in the game in Kessel and JVR. On the subject of Kessel, can someone explain how quick feet and a quicker release equates to intelligence? Unreal talent sure, but dude comes off as a bit of an idiot savant don't ah think? Too harsh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure what fluky goals have to do with IQ? Looks more like puck control problems to me.

:dunno:

It looks like boneheaded plays to me. Not uncommon to Gardiner, Franson and Phaneuf screw ups. These plays are supposedly what keeps these guys from becoming top players. I won't argue Bernier is above average in terms of smarts, as he might be. But I pray to god he's not the smartest this team can offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad