Who is The Greatest Player in Wild History?

Who's the Wild's greatest player ever?

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Who's the Wild's greatest player ever?

images

lawrence

May 19, 2012
it was between Koivu or Gaborik for me I went with Gaborik. too bad he didn't want to stay in Minny.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I voted Suter. I think Gaborik and Koivu are probably both deserving, however.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we’re talking about greatest while wearing the jersey it’s Koivu/Suter.

If we’re talking about greatest player to ever wear the jersey it’s Heatley.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Its a shame a team who has existed so long, doesnt really ever had a really good player who could be the "trademark" of the team.
Atlanta had Kovalchuk, Columbus has had Nash and Bobrovsky, Panarin, Nashville has had a ton of good players, ex Weber, Subban. Josi, Forsberg, Jets has Scheiflee and Laine. Minnesota is the odd man out. Just average NHLers for two decades. If I have to name one, its Suter.

Gaborik is to one dimensional offensive player for me. Koivu, while I like him, come on - not in the same ballpark as other new franchises posterboys.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’d like to see the argument for Gaborik over Koivu. Koivu has been no slouch offensively.

I think the crux of the argument for me, is that for so many of those early years, it always kinda felt like Gaborik was a man alone on an island. While still producing the way he did. He was sorta the lone "bright spot" and managed to make things exciting, even though he didn't have a lot of support. Later in his Wild tenure, he got a bit more support...but he carried a lot of the load for a lot of years without much help. Whereas Koivu has generally had stronger, or at least deeper teams to play with in Minnesota.

I can also see the argument for Koivu though. And i can see the argument against Gaborik...but that has more to do with the way he left town.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
I think the crux of the argument for me, is that for so many of those early years, it always kinda felt like Gaborik was a man alone on an island. While still producing the way he did. He was sorta the lone "bright spot" and managed to make things exciting, even though he didn't have a lot of support. Later in his Wild tenure, he got a bit more support...but he carried a lot of the load for a lot of years without much help. Whereas Koivu has generally had stronger, or at least deeper teams to play with in Minnesota.

I can also see the argument for Koivu though. And i can see the argument against Gaborik...but that has more to do with the way he left town.
Gaborik only led the team in scoring twice while Koivu led the team in scoring 4 times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad