Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "O"?

Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "O"?

• Kevin O'Shea (1970 - 1972)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gates Orlando (1984 - 1987)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm asking who is the best Sabre all-time whose last name started with the letter "O"? This is for their time with the Sabres, and I'm arbitrarily selecting a 75 game minimum as a Sabre.

Remember, this is all-time and includes every season since the beginning of the franchise - not just the recent ones.

Of course, I'll run through the rest of the alphabet up until the regular season starts.

Results so far:

A: Dave Andreychuk 91.2%
B: Danny Briere 73.1%
C: Brian Campbell 50.6%
D: Rasmus Dahlin 66.3%
E: Jack Eichel 48.1%
F: Mike Foligno 93.2%
G: Danny Gare 94.5%
H: Dominik Hasek 95.3%
I: No one qualified
J: Calle Johansson 51.3% (Honorable Mention - Rick Jeanneret)
K: Jerry Korab 71.9%
L: Pat LaFontaine 80.0%
M: Rick Martin 48.2%
N: Teppo Numminen 100.0%

Let the voting begin!

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Kevin O'Shea; Danny's younger brother! Who actually saw him play?

I raise my hand, sadly....

1696872198660.png

The easy answer is Ryan O'Reilly here.

Okposo has only had a couple good seasons, like it, or don't... But he is #2.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Captain Kyle loves the city of Buffalo and knows what makes a Buffalo Sabre - and has done an awesome job helping to change the culture around the team which will lead us to great success.

Ryan O'Reilly was a good player but was also always a mercenary, chasing the money while talking a good game about what a great leader he was to the point people believed it. He won a Cup - great. Our locker room sucked when he was here and he was more part of the problem than the solution. When he joined St. Louis they already had an established leadership core and a strong coach in Craig Berube.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I went with Okie. ROR played only 3 seasons and didn't bring the vibes. Okposo got off to a rough start and was over-paid, but he has been much more valuable to the team as a whole.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I love how RoR is a mercenary ans Okposo is this great guy that just signed here for the love of Buffalo. Not all the money that he got, while being one of the most overpaid players in the league. RoR for being such a bad leader, lead a team to a cup and winning the conn smythe. But whatever fits the narrative that Ror is bad and Okposo is great.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
i went with the greatest sabre whose last name starts with an O

not the good soldier that plays depth minutes who hasnt played a single season as well as the worst of ROR seasons

at least 7 people rewriting history to make themselves feel good by picking the player who stuck around, largely because he was unf***ing tradeable and buyout proof, even though he was part of those shitty lockers as well and contributed far more to how bad those teams were than ROR who actually played 22mins a night and was 1 of the few players that was capable of doing his job night to night while KO was slowly pushed further and further down the depth chart because he was completely incapable of fulfilling the role he was acquired for before finding a place as a 13-14 minute a night player whose contributions are based on being 'dad' off the ice

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Not a great letter. Went with ROR. Okie has the good vibes, but ROR was just the better player in his time here.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Captain Steve ott. Brought in alongside John Scott to bring truculence to a sabres team not only embarrassed by lucic but had their entire franchise dismantled. How can you consider anyone else?

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
ROR became one of my favorite players ever in his first 1.5 seasons (ie before the will to live was beaten out of him). He was a fantastic 2 way player and relentless forechecker.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It says 'the greatest'. That doesn't mean "the highest scoring" or the "most skilled".

KO overcame so much and stuck with the club to rebuild the culture. He gets my vote and it's not even close.

Reactions: Dingo44

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
O’Reilly the better player, Okposo the better Sabre, but with 160 pts in 260 games— Olofsson should be seriously in the running here. Which is stunningly close to RORs numbers in Buffalo (all the way down to his atrocious plus minus)

I went with Okposo for what he brought the Sabres through.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes