Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "J"?

Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "J"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm asking who is the best Sabre all-time whose last name started with the letter "J"? This is for their time with the Sabres, and I'm arbitrarily selecting a 75 game minimum as a Sabre.

Remember, this is all-time and includes every season since the beginning of the franchise - not just the recent ones.

Of course, I'll run through the rest of the alphabet up until the regular season starts.

No one qualifies for I. Billy Ingles, Randy Ireland, and Matt Irwin weren't even close.

I was going to wait to do the J poll on Monday, but with a three-man race, I figured I'd just throw this one out there.

Results so far:

A: Dave Andreychuk 91.2%
B: Danny Briere 73.1%
C: Brian Campbell 50.6%
D: Rasmus Dahlin 66.3%
E: Jack Eichel 48.1%
F: Mike Foligno 93.2%
G: Danny Gare 94.5%
H: Dominik Hasek 95.3%
I: No one qualified

Let the voting begin!

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
shut up yoda lol
9cTsh1E.jpg

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
After saying that it's not the drums that are going to be getting the beating...
Is it someone who makes my baby cry less and me sleep more? I used to think I was making jokes now I just stammer through life missing Patrick Kaleta....

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
This is Johansson kinda by default, right?
I mean, it certainly isn't Johnson.

Could it be Jokiharju?
Johansson had the great rookie season before being traded midway through his second year. Joker has played more games as a Sabre, and they're tied on points. Joker has more goals though (13 to 6).

I mean, I think there's a real argument it's Jokiharju, but the higher "peak" as a Sabre belongs to Johansson. I'll give the nod to Johansson, but it very well could be Joker a year from now, even if Jokiharju just has another average season...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would legit vote for Tyson Jost over Joker. Net zero crushes net negative

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Jost could theoretically qualify by the end of this season. Ryan Johnson in a few seasons maybe. But similar to the above post, Rick Jeanneret gets my vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUCKSHOT

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
One of two definitively worse trades than RoR, even at the time of the latter trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad