Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "B"?

Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "B"?

• Nathan Beaulieu (2017 - 2019)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doug Bodger (1988 - 1996)

• Zack Bogosian (2014 - 2020)

• Bob Boughner (1995 - 1998)

• Eric Boulton (2000 - 2004)

• Brad Boyes (2010 - 2012)

• Jacob Bryson (2020 - 2023)

• Randy Burridge (1995 - 1998)

• Chris Butler (2008 - 2011)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm asking who is the best Sabre all-time whose last name started with the letter "B"? This is for their time with the Sabres, and I'm arbitrarily selecting a 75 game minimum as a Sabre. 50 was too low and 75 should represent a full season even with a bit of an injury - or a goalie after a couple of years.

Of course, I'll run through the rest of the alphabet, up until the regular season starts.

Results so far:

A: Dave Andreychuk 91.2%

Let the voting begin!

Reactions: VaporTrail

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

This is my current read. Danny Briere appeared in it when I was reading it yesterday. It was interesting to read how he struggled mentally with the move from Buffalo to Philly.
how do you like this? I have been on a similar reading path as I've been putting in the work to make massive life changes the last year or so.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Voted for Briere, but Barrasso was a very close 2nd. What he accomplished coming from HS to the NHL is incredible, but I've always heard he was a malcontent and difficult to deal with.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I know! I really struggled between Barrasso and Briere but there were times Barrasso was the best goalie in the league and as much as I adore Danny I am not sure you can say the same thing about him with the centers.
Ahh...Barrasso was good in Buffalo but he didn't reach another level until afterward. Not necessarily his fault, but as a Sabre he wasn't the best "B".

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
how do you like this? I have been on a similar reading path as I've been putting in the work to make massive life changes the last year or so.
I came upon this in an interview with a goalie on the Army WP Men's Lacrosse team. He talked about this book as the author was the sport psych that worked with him and the team.

It has been really good and I want to see if I can distill it down for my son who is a college lacrosse goalie. But, it tries to show that the things he teaches are applicable to "regular people" and not just athletes.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Had to be Briere - Briere, Drury, and Miller were the foundations of the best era of Sabres hockey of my life. It was beautiful, and it was murdered by Larry Quinn, Darcy Regier, and Tom Golisano.

My favorite player on the list is Stu Barnes.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

This is my current read. Danny Briere appeared in it when I was reading it yesterday. It was interesting to read how he struggled mentally with the move from Buffalo to Philly.

I mean, he lost some of his online support group. :biglaugh:

I'm kinda surprised by the voting. Barrasso did things few goalies have ever done and while I love Briere, this was an easy vote.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Voted for Briere, but Barrasso was a very close 2nd. What he accomplished coming from HS to the NHL is incredible, but I've always heard he was a malcontent and difficult to deal with.
He's from Boston it can't be helped. It's like asking a chicken to not have feathers.

Ahh...Barrasso was good in Buffalo but he didn't reach another level until afterward. Not necessarily his fault, but as a Sabre he wasn't the best "B".
I don't see his personal stats in BUF and PIT as being different. We'll ignore the tail end of his career. In PIT, he just had a more complete team, with a couple of the top all-time players in front of him. I watched him enter the NHL. He was intense, and confident, and knew he was good.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Barrasso was a good story coming in as an 18 year old..He was decent but his stats kind of got worse as his career went on with Buffalo...My favorite player on that list and funnest to watch was Barnaby...But having a 95 point season and performing admirably in the playoffs, my choice is Briere...
HM to Bodger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad