Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #3 prospect?

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
lol i think there are a lot of people that are drinking too much of the Corrado cool aid here. Sure he has played surprisingly well with poise but what you have seen is likely his ceiling. Another words you will likely never think of him as highly again as you do right now. Jensen on the other hand is getting no respect at all. His stock has hit the floor. And why? Apparently, because he only got 4 points in the AHL in a part time roll last season when he was only 19 despite scoring 17 goals with a great shot and good skating ability in the better Swedish Elite league and because of what some wanna be professional analysts perceived as a lack lustre showing in a summer prospect game. Most people here haven't a clue how good Jensen is or what he is capable of but are real quick to throw him out with the trash already. I voted for Jensen

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
You can still hold Jensen in high regard and vote for Corrado...

Corrado came up and played big minutes for us going down the stretch, then played well on the third pairing in the playoffs. His ability to handle the NHL, combined with his obvious offensive talent and poise has many (including myself) believing that he can/will be a very solid top 4 defenseman in the future.

I think you are undervaluing Corrado big time here

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
You can still hold Jensen in high regard and vote for Corrado...

Corrado came up and played big minutes for us going down the stretch, then played well on the third pairing in the playoffs. His ability to handle the NHL, combined with his obvious offensive talent and poise has many (including myself) believing that he can/will be a very solid top 4 defenseman in the future.

I think you are undervaluing Corrado big time here

Not at all. I have watched all the Canuck games and seen him play. Like I said he played well with poise but to suggest he has "obvious offensive talent" as if he is something special further demonstrates IMO how delusional so many people are getting and are forming unreasonable expectations of Corrado. Shall I just say..we shall see.

Last edited:

SweedishKeepers

Apr 15, 2013
[/B]

Not at all. I have watched all the Canuck games and seen him play. Like I said he played well with poise but to suggest he has "obvious offensive talent" as if he is something special further demonstrates IMO how delusional so many people are getting and are forming unreasonable expectations of Corrado. Shall I just say..we shall see.

I think he does have offensive talent. He put up pretty nice numbers in the O. I get your point about not getting our hopes up for him to be a 60 point guy but given some power play time I could see between 25-30 points

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
[/B]

Why? He put up solid Junior numbers before having his stint with us. He doesn't have the pedigree of a first round pick, but I don't know how you can't see the potential with Corrado

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Corrado's not dynamic offensively, but he was productive in the O without much help. He's more than just 'poised' and I think he has far more potential than, say, Tanev (another 'poised' d-man).

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
Even though I am a fan of Jensen, I am a little bit skeptical of his upside so I'm going with Corrado.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
ummm, you guys can argue about Jensen over Corrado or not, but Gaunce is definitely better than Corrado.

I voted Jensen..but I'd have Gaunce over Corrado as well. Weird poll:)

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
To me it's desperately mind-boggling to hear the belief that a bright, skilled, gung-ho defenseman, who steps right from the CHL into the NHL and then the playoffs, and acquits himself well in the NHL freaking playoffs, has hit his *ceiling* already at age 20 !!! I must have read the post that said that wrong. Talented defensemen don't develop beyond age 20??? Amazing.

I voted for Frankie again :)

It's not a zero-sum game. A vote for Corrado is not a slander of Jensen. Both are no doubt held in very high esteem by every single intelligent Canuck fan. There are many shades of judgment involved here, some of them minute, and the results are provisional anyway.

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
Why? He put up solid Junior numbers before having his stint with us. He doesn't have the pedigree of a first round pick, but I don't know how you can't see the potential with Corrado

Boy are people here ever romancing Corrado. He did alright in the OHL for a prospect but nothing exceptional. He will likely be more of a steady all around defenseman than contribute much offensively. And for the record, I do think he will get some oppourtunities to show what he has got on our PP but that is more because we don't have anyone else from our defense core that would likely do much better so we might as well see what Corrado has got by default more than anything else. And yeah I do think he could garner 30 maybe even 35 pts in a banner year...maybe.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I went with Jensen, but I can see why people voted for Corrado. For me, I went with the higher ceiling.

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
To me it's desperately mind-boggling to hear the belief that a bright, skilled, gung-ho defenseman, who steps right from the CHL into the NHL and then the playoffs, and acquits himself well in the NHL freaking playoffs, has hit his *ceiling* already at age 20 !!! I must have read the post that said that wrong. Talented defensemen don't develop beyond age 20??? Amazing.

I voted for Frankie again :)

It's not a zero-sum game. A vote for Corrado is not a slander of Jensen. Both are no doubt held in very high esteem by every single intelligent Canuck fan. There are many shades of judgment involved here, some of them minute, and the results are provisional anyway.

My whole point here is there are too many people that are not being realistic here about Corrado's potential. What you see is what you get IMO. Yeah, he can certainly develope more but as far as this pervailing perception here of Corrado's very high upside potential is very suspect IMO

Buffalo In A Carwash

Registered User?
Apr 10, 2012
Quesnel
lol i think there are a lot of people that are drinking too much of the Corrado cool aid here. Sure he has played surprisingly well with poise but what you have seen is likely his ceiling. Another words you will likely never think of him as highly again as you do right now. Jensen on the other hand is getting no respect at all. His stock has hit the floor. And why? Apparently, because he only got 4 points in the AHL in a part time roll last season when he was only 19 despite scoring 17 goals with a great shot and good skating ability in the better Swedish Elite league and because of what some wanna be professional analysts perceived as a lack lustre showing in a summer prospect game. Most people here haven't a clue how good Jensen is or what he is capable of but are real quick to throw him out with the trash already. I voted for Jensen

Really?.... Really?.. :laugh:

A 20 year old kid playing his first 3 games in the NHL and he's probably already hit his ceiling? Ok. :thumbu:

I agree with you about Jensen though. He's got some impressive natural goal scoring ability.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
My whole point here is there are too many people that are not being realistic here about Corrado's potential. What you see is what you get IMO. Yeah, he can certainly develope more but as far as this pervailing perception here of Corrado's very high upside potential is very suspect IMO
I'm not sure what exactly you're seeing. He is all the attributes that will let him play offense in the same way Hamhuis plays offense. Dynamic and agile skating, good passing, and hockey sense. He's already a good possession player and he'll generate points by sustaining pressure with his line ups, just like he did in the OHL.

And when I say he is a dynamic skater, I mean it. He is an EXCEPTIONAL skater, we have no prospect who is better at it.

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
I'm not sure what exactly you're seeing. He is all the attributes that will let him play offense in the same way Hamhuis plays offense. Dynamic and agile skating, good passing, and hockey sense. He's already a good possession player and he'll generate points by sustaining pressure with his line ups, just like he did in the OHL.

And when I say he is a dynamic skater, I mean it. He is an EXCEPTIONAL skater, we have no prospect who is better at it.

I agree he maybe has the offensive talent to play the way Hamhuis does even better as Hamhuis does not possess much offensive talent and Corrado definitely is not an exceptional skater

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I don't think a single person here expects Corrado to be an offensive dynamo or a Franchise defenseman. If you are arguing that the Hamhuis comparison is too lofty, then I would strongly disagree. Corrado will only get stronger and smarter over the next 5 years, to claim he's anywhere near his ceiling right now is ludicrous.

SweedishKeepers

Apr 15, 2013
[/B]

I agree he maybe has the offensive talent to play the way Hamhuis does even better as Hamhuis does not possess much offensive talent and Corrado definitely is not an exceptional skater

Guess I'll take your word for it then :sarcasm:

If he produces offense the way Hamhuis does I think we are in great shape

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This boils down to, if they reach their projected ceiling, if a 3-4 D-man is worth more than a 2nd liner. I think there are cases to be made either way for if they reach that and which position is harder to get a guy for.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls

But how are you looking at potential? Top-4 D usually have a mix of scoring,
transition, and defensive skills. Normally they don't get to play top-4 minutes
if they can't play defense, so that's the main priority. A high ceiling for a D
is not the same thing as a high ceiling for a winger. It's more complicated,
and the defensive game obviously is much more important. A guy like Hamhuis
is not paid to fill the net, but his value to the team is equivalent to a top-6
forward, which is where most posters would reasonably put Jensen's ceiling.

I think Corrado could be a guy like Hamhuis, or a Tanev with offense, or even a Garrison (a classic late-developer, by the way) considering the raw strength of his shot. A good Bieksa replacement on the right side eventually (another late-developer). Those are all really big shoes to fill. But Jensen's ceiling seems to be almost equally high, playing top-4 among wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad