Who is the Canucks #3 dman?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I went with stecher here, It was really close with him and hutton, but with hutton's sophomore slump, and stechers consistent strong play, hard to not have him.

I suggest trammer also get a few votes here, having a great season.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
This thread is tricky. According to Willy and staff Sbisa is probably the Canucks actual #3 but that doesn't mean I think he's the 3rd best currently or going forward.

I voted Tryamkin.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Stech running away with it

Get your votes in! :)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Can make a case for any of Stetcher/Tree/Hutton

Hutton struggled with Gudbranson this year, but was great last year and has been better without Gudbranson this year.

Stetcher is our best offensive dman.

Tryamkin's shot metrics are impressive.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Can make a case for any of Stetcher/Tree/Hutton

Hutton struggled with Gudbranson this year, but was great last year and has been better without Gudbranson this year.

Stetcher is our best offensive dman.

Tryamkin's shot metrics are impressive.

Train breaks legs, stops people FLAT along the boards and makes for a rookie excellent first passes.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
This gets kind of tricky. I agree with Tanev and Edler, and I'll vote for Stecher at #3 because he's our best
offensive D, is seriously trying to be good in his own end, has great hockey sense, a great attitude,
and is doing all of that as a rookie. Hutton is improving, might have better tools, but Stecher has the
better toolbox hands down.

The tricky part is honestly evaluating Hutton, Sbisa, Tryamkin, and Gudbranson as they are now, and can
be expected to be in the reasonably near future. Sbisa for all his long history of gaffes is now playing quite
well on the whole. Currently he's a legitimate middling NHL D IMO. Tryamkin is now as good or better than Gudbranson,
and is obviously trending upward. How much of Hutton's recent improvement is due to playing with Trammer and not Guds?
That alone is a gold star for the BFG, who IMO has a ceiling of a 4 or a 3. However, how much could Gudbranson improve when
healthy again, after having watched many weeks worth of improvement by his fellow D while sidelined?
He will turn 25 tomorrow and his learning curve, if it exists, may be flattening out pretty soon.

Currently those four D seem fairly tightly clustered. But given their talent levels and ages, I would
think that in, say, a year or two, their ranking would be Hutton, Tryamkin, Sbisa, and Gudbranson.
Sbisa turns 27 at the end of this month so he's definitely in his prime right now. Gudbranson could
improve for a couple more years . . . in theory. There's all kinds of time left for Stecher, Hutton, and
Tryamkin to improve, and the smartest will tend to improve the most. Personally, Trammer is my dark
horse in that race, partly owing to his stature and to his current rawness vs rate of improvement. But it's
a great race for Canuck fans to be watching, however it goes. Then there's the still younger blood coming in,
Brisebois and Juolevi, (with Neill as a wildcard if he learns how to skate) who may have the talent and
drive to push or surpass those ahead of them.

Prepare for HF Armageddon if Juolevi doesn't do that :sarcasm::popcorn: :laugh:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Nah don't. The mispelling adds character to his polls.

MTB is high in intangibles.

I didnt even misspell it tho that guys just like that lol

I would of put there name as the slang that the other players call them like Hutty and the Tan Man but people here complained about it too much so thought id make the poll options just there names :)

Anyways Stech or Stretch or Stretcher or the Stretch Man is running away with it i think at 4 gets more interesting as theres a good argument for Tryamkin Hutton AND Sbisa but probs goes to Hutton but i think i will vote Tryamkin for 4

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I didnt even misspell it tho that guys just like that lol

I would of put there name as the slang that the other players call them like Hutty and the Tan Man but people here complained about it too much so thought id make the poll options just there names :)

Anyways Stech or Stretch or Stretcher or the Stretch Man is running away with it i think at 4 gets more interesting as theres a good argument for Tryamkin Hutton AND Sbisa but probs goes to Hutton but i think i will vote Tryamkin for 4

Yes, Gubranson, my favourite little peanut.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Based on this season I'd say it's Stecher.

Also why can't I vote?

Should be interesting to see where Hutton, Tryamkin and Gudbranson are polled, I also think it's safe to say that Sbisa will be the last vote :laugh:.

Edit: forgot about Larsen Sbisa>Larsen imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad