Who is the Canucks #2 dman

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
in terms of canuck d tiers, it's edler / tanev at tier 1, a healthy hamhuis at tier 2 and then everybody else at tier 4

Yeah i dont think this poll will be close. For #3 im gonna go Hutton even tho is slowing his pace down right now i think is overall better at this point

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I think this list is very clear 1-4

Edler
Tanev
Hamhuis
Hutton

When we get to 5 it gets tougher. Weber, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Pedan and Biega. I guess Biega would move into 5 (which is sad, as much as I like him) and then number 6 is the real fight.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If I had things my way I'd setup the D something like:

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Hutton
Pedan - Beiga
Sbisa - Bartkowski

I'd waive Weber and let him be claimed or help the PP down in Utica.

If Hamhuis is moved the pairs change to.

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Beiga
Pedan - Sbisa
Bartkowski

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Don't understand why I can't vote for Edler.

He was ranked by canucks fan are #1 so now we determine #2, and all the through to #9 which should be weber :)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think this is a pretty no brainer for Tanev.

It's Tanev in a landslide on performance, but not according to salary cap charts....that would be Dan the Man Hamhuis who's earning $4.5m per....a big part of the problem on the Canucks....either paying big money for what you hope guys will be (Sutter and Sbisa) or for what guys were in the past (Hamhuis, Miller and Burrows).

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's Tanev in a landslide on performance, but not according to salary cap charts....that would be Dan the Man Hamhuis who's earning $4.5m per....a big part of the problem on the Canucks....either paying big money for what you hope guys will be (Sutter and Sbisa) or for what guys were in the past (Hamhuis, Miller and Burrows).

There's a 0.05 million difference in their caps, largely due to Tanev being underpaid. And Hamhuis is in the final year of one of the best UFA contracts the team has ever given. His contract is not what's wrong with this team.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's a 0.05 million difference in their caps, largely due to Tanev being underpaid. And Hamhuis is in the final year of one of the best UFA contracts the team has ever given. His contract is not what's wrong with this team.

You answered your own question.... sure it was a good deal when Hamhuis signed his contract, but that was years ago...there's no way he's been a $4.5m a year d-man this year, and you could argue not even for most of last year.....just like Burrows is no longer a $4.5 winger ....sure they're long-serving guys who took a home-town discount to sign...but that was then and this is now....if the current contracts aren't 'performance based' then what's the point?

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

is this satire

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
"paying big money[...] for what guys were in the past. (Hamhuis, Miller and Burrows)"

This team only ever gave Hamhuis one contract. They got, like six great seasons on him and now his contract is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad