Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #18 prospect?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

arsmaster*

What? I wanted Archibald again for the 10th poll in a row. :sarcasm:

I'd say Grenier has the highest upside if he put it all together, but I'm going to vote for Polasek. I like the game he brings, and anytime you KO someone in an Oilers Jersey, I approve.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I think the rest of my list is:

-McEneny
-Cassels
-Labate
-Cederholm
-Lain
-Grenier
-Polasek
-Friesen
-Beattie
-Myron

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Polasek.

It will be interesting to see if he can stick in the AHL this season, and how much progress he can make.

S_C

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
To think we actually have a quality player at #18 now. Remember the days when TY Morris was considered a good mid-prospect for us....wow.

Pseudonymous*

Evan McEneny next for me. now that my cassels has finally been voted in (or so its looking like)

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Looks like Cole Cassels is finally going to win @ 18... been voting for him since 12 lol. I see Cole Cassels being the biggest mover next year... 18 this year, top 8 next year lol.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Yeah well, someone has been voting for him since #1, so, I think that guy won't know what to do with himself...

Yeah i was shocked about it during earlier votes but after Lack, i was tempted to vote for CC just because of the way he plays and his bloodline but of course went with prospects who would be much closer and have a legit chance of making it into the NHL instead (reason i started voting for him after Andersson). You would expect his offense to develop sooner rather than later and he showed some signs of it already. Add the physical and defensive play, if his offense does develop, he becomes a pretty good prospect. Even more surprise Subban went higher than him since CC was drafted 1 round earlier (meaning even in 'nucks mind right now, he's probably a better prospect... plus probably most teams given i doubt CC would have been on the board by the time 'nucks drafted in the 4th round).

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
^^How the heck is Grenier above Polasek in that ranking?

I feel Polasek gets under-rated by fans and the organization alike. I don't think he's had much of an opportunity to show what he is capable of, but has shown well in the times he has played. He had a two week stretch where he was playing great hockey. Arniel said he was the best defenseman on the team during that time (March/April) and the Wolves color guy simply couldn't stop raving about Polasek. Then he gets suspended for trying to defend Desbiens from being pummeled by 3 players in the Rockford bench, then when the suspension is over, Polasek gets benched :shakehead.

He is consistently a plus player, plays a physical and solid defensive game, has shown improvement in his skating and decisions with the puck, has a heavy shot, is aggressive in his pinches/activating in the rush, and is aggressive in his demeanor (willing to defend team mates, won't back down). He has shown statistical and visible improvement in the AHL, i just hope he gets the chance to prove to everyone this season.

----

Add Kenins and Blain please.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Meh, voted only to notice Cassels won this poll. McEneny and LaBate are next IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad