Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #15 prospect?

Buffalo In A Carwash

Registered User?
Apr 10, 2012
Quesnel
It's just you.

Nope.

It's nice being at #15 and still having some decent prospects. We might have to go up to 25 this year :yo:

Oh yeah, I went with McEneny because he had a pretty good last season despite missing the previous one, and I have a feeling he might make the team in a few years.

Last edited:

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Huge lack of little love for Lain, he has a great shot to make the team this year or next as a 4C

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Gonna go with Archibald, lower ceiling but likely to reach it imo. Decent AHL stats and plays an NHL game.

Then I think I will go with Cassels/Cannata

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Huge lack of little love for Lain, he has a great shot to make the team this year or next as a 4C

not really, think he needs as least a year in the AHL before pushing for an NHL spot

Last edited:

StringerBell

Subban getting too much love. Archibald not getting enough.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Absolutely, but the numbers he put up as a defenseman is intriguing no matter what his name is.

The numbers he put up, and the fact that because his name is Subban, hoping for a late growth spurt to be a comparable size to his brothers isn't unreasonable. Subban's skills + a few inches is drafted much higher.

Voted for Archibald as I think he's a player likely to make the NHL and be a useful player for years. Lower ceiling, but he'll be the type of player that you want to be around filling depth.

StringerBell

How does Archibald's upside compare to Sestito's? Any chance Archibald could replace Sestito on the big club by the end of the year?

arshonagon

Nov 16, 2009
Victoria, BC
The numbers he put up, and the fact that because his name is Subban, hoping for a late growth spurt to be a comparable size to his brothers isn't unreasonable. Subban's skills + a few inches is drafted much higher.

Voted for Archibald as I think he's a player likely to make the NHL and be a useful player for years. Lower ceiling, but he'll be the type of player that you want to be around filling depth.

Ya, Subban at even 5'11" gets drafted much higher. To me he has the most high end potential of any of our remaining prospects and will bet on a guy growing to at least closer in size to his brothers then a guy developing the skill level Subban has.

Not to mention Jordan has been known as a very hard worker and gym rat. Can;t hate on guys that are always willing to put in the work.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
How does Archibald's upside compare to Sestito's? Any chance Archibald could replace Sestito on the big club by the end of the year?

They actually have very similar career numbers. I don't think Archibald will supplant him at this point though. Archibald should see call-up duty if there's 3rd or 4th line injuries though.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
I voted Cannata - but I get the arguments for Subban, Archibald, and even McEneny, Polasek, or Cederholm...

It's a pretty decent list! If it were MY list, it would look a little different:

1. Bo Horvat - (1)
2. Hunter Shinkaruk - (3)
3. Frank Corrado - (2)
4. Nicklas Jensen - (6)
5. Brendan Gaunce - (4)
6. Jordan Schroeder - (8)
7. Eddie Lack - (5)
8. Joacim Eriksson - (7)
9. Alexandre Mallet - (9)
10. Ben Hutton - (10)
11. Henrik Tommernes - (12)
12. Peter Andersson - (13)